+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion

Re: 10/19 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2620238;
    For kids they were hot and they did have great hair!!!
    They had great hair because they are too young to start losing it.

There were some really talented musicicans. For me there was way to much emphasis on the heavy metal side. And the tightest bands with the best all around musicians were from Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2620448;
    And since I'm on the subject of AI...I had mentioned upthread about The Clark Brothers having connections in Nashville....well that connection is....

Ashley Clark is Carrie Underwood's fiddle player.....
    Did you notice the reaction of the judges when Ashley's brother broke loose on the Dobro? Talk about some jaws hitting the table.

Ashley has always been a great addition to Carries band. It will be bitter sweet if he & his brothers win. Sweet for the brothers, bitter for Carries fans who will hate to see him leave her band.

I liked the show! I thought that there were some really talented bands. And that judge from the Goo Goo Dolls? Hopefully it won't get canceled seeing that it's on Friday nights

Yeah, I'm worried about that too. I think the audience will be tween girls and seniors. Everyone else is either out at the HS football game or out to dinner at that hour. As for the voting... that bodes well for the tween band.

The show wasn't that bad.

Horrible timeslot though.

You'd think this would be positioned as "American Band" without all the other words in the title so it could be posed as a direct heir of the Idol franchise. The weak tie-in to the Idol franchise (basically none other than pubic knowledge of the producers, and the fact that the original tape submission was solicited during the last version of Idol) means they've given up a lot of the publicity advantage that could have given them. The formula appears to be identical otherwise, other than the fact that everything in the earliest stages was done via submission videos instead of public auditions.

Alas, even if Uncle Nigel and friends are in charge of this at the top, there have to be some idiots below them actually running it. I mean what kind of idiots have their tryouts outdoors, during the day, in the Nevada desert? It was bad enough for the bands, but you've got to think those judges were lingering near the point of strokes by the middle of the first day. Even if they let them go into air conditioned trailers while each new band set up.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-20-2007 at 05:00 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2620252;
    Dot Dot Dot lead singer reminded me of Lukas Rossi. They were pretty good considering they've only been together 5 months.
    Me too! I did a double-take wondering if it was him.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2620989;
    I mean what kind of idiots have their tryouts outdoors, during the day, in the Nevada desert?
    The ones who got the free use of the property for the shoot. LLV is really promoting itself as a destination resort. I'm sure 19E was happy not to have to pay for hotel rooms.

While I loved the show, it appears the ratings were awful. Friday Night Smackdown on The CW even beat it. I'm suprised that Fox didn't promote this show better than it did.

I will really be mad if Fox yanks this off the air, but they do have a track record of doing just that.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Whoever does the scheduling for Fox obviously does not live in the USA. To premier a family oriented show on a Friday night at the height of HS football season just doesn't make any sense. I'm guessing lots of folks TiVoed it, but that won't help one iota when the voting starts.

It would do better if it was packaged with Idol Rewind, but in our town, Rewind is being shown by CW, not Fox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast