+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion

Re: 10/19 Show Discussion

Okay, posting my prognostication now. Not particularly my taste, but I predict that Clifton Bridge (is that their name? can't remember - I left the room - the band from Philadelphia) will win. They are very, very good at what they do.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I was bored and started flipping channels. Came across this and it was a nice suprise to find that its a new show. I thought it was like American Idol and they were showing previous seasons.

So far I am really likeing it. Some of these bands have been a great suprise. I stepped away for a minute and missed what happend to the band that got a second chance and the lead singer was trying to get rid of the bassist. What happend? Have they played again? Well I just saw that they'll be back after commercial break.

I loved the bluegrass band that started playing Like a Virgin. They reminded me of one of my favorite bands, Iron Horse.

Edited to add that the 12 and 13yr old boys were great but at that age, please keep your shirt on.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2620252;
    I just hope they don't go the way on Hanson. (one hit wonder).

Dot Dot Dot lead singer reminded me of Lukas Rossi. They were pretty good considering they've only been together 5 months.
    Yeah my first thought was Lukas Rossi too but with a personality!

Others that have made it through...

Cliff Wagner & the Ole #7....they are bluegrass and Dicko asked them to sing something else and they sung "Like a Virgin" bluegrass style...

Cliff Wagner Myspace

Other bands that got a
    The Likes of You (can't find a myspace for them)
    Red Halo Red Halo an Alabama band!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Lexicon got a Myspace

Blackbird got a (didn't write down where they were from so not sure of their myspace!)

Franklin Bridge Myspace
    They were AWESOME!!!

The only all girl band Rocket Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2620234;
    So, my 9 year old daughter who is always slamming my love for the 80's just told me that Light of Doom is hot and has great hair. Evil mom couldn't wait to tell her it was 80's hair.
    Hee!!!

I feel really sorry for that last band (Northfunk? I never watched the screen when they told!) You know... just once give them a pity pass and let America vote on them. I thought they were decent and definitely worthy of keeping around... even if only for the hot hot Aussie accents.

Had the show on from start to finish, bama, but just wasn't online. Sorry!

Northmont did not make it through...lead singer was hot and had gorgeous blue eyes!

Ok...the judges decided who the top 12 were...

They are:

The Likes of You
    Franklin Bridge
    Tres Bien
    Light of Doom
    The Hatch
    Clark Brothers
    Dot Dot Dot
    The Muggs
    DMHO
    Sixwire
    Cliff Wagner & the Ole #7
    Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2620255;
    Okay, posting my prognostication now. Not particularly my taste, but I predict that Clifton Bridge (is that their name? can't remember - I left the room - the band from Philadelphia) will win. They are very, very good at what they do.
    Franklin Bridge, that was their name. Once again, I'm predicting they take it all. Now watch them be gone no later than the third episode .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2620281;
    Franklin Bridge, that was their name. Once again, I'm predicting they take it all. Now watch them be gone no later than the third episode .
    They were awesome Rattus...I liked them alot!

Tres Bien was the other band that made the top 12 Myspace

Interesting tidbit of info I just found out on another board about the band Dot Dot Dot:

From their website:
    Dot Dot Dot is Chicago's hottest new band. Featuring the all star cast of Adam Blair, $tephan, and Michael from the Fabulous Janes, and Rose and Little Lisa from Catfight, Dot Dot Dot explodes with energy on every stage, be it a festival, club, wedding, or corporate event. Playing past and present hits along with their own original material, Dot Dot Dot delivers each song with such intensity and commitment, you would think they had written every song they play. This full time touring band has already played to thousands in Indiana, Wisconsin and Illinois. Armed with an impressive schedule, extensive contact list, high-traffic MySpace page with tens of thousands of hits, and thousands of online friends, Dot Dot Dot looks forward to being a household name very soon! An all original album is available now.
    Rose and Little Lisa were in the same band as Gina Glocksen (from AI7)...They were all in Catfight....interesting, huh?

And since I'm on the subject of AI...I had mentioned upthread about The Clark Brothers having connections in Nashville....well that connection is....

Ashley Clark is Carrie Underwood's fiddle player.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast