+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ~*Spoilers*~

MRD

Re: ~*Spoilers*~

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2687730;
    I just can't get into DMHO either, and wish it was them or Sixwire. They are the only two that make me either take a br break or fast forward after half the performance. I give them a chance every week, but they just arent for me.
    I liked Denver at first. I like Big Bands, but as the theme weeks have started, he's regressed to bad Vegas lounge singer.

Hubby and I swear he sounds like Joe Piscapo doing Sinatra on old SNL shows.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

The band rumored to be eliminated this week is Tres Bien!

Rumored songs by some of the other performers:

Dot Dot Dot: “Young Turks”. Sheila gets booed for some comments she makes about Adam's vocals but he takes it all in stride and says that they listen to what the judges tell them and try to incorporate it the next time.

Denver and the Mile High Orchestra: "Baby Jane". In their video montage, they talk about how hard it was to find a Rod Stewart song with nonsexual lyrics. HUH??? Not everything Rod sings is sexual...!

Sixwire: “Hot Legs”. queenb you called this one!! They have solos from every band member but all 3 judges criticize them for including a bass solo.......what's up with that crap????

Still looking for others song choices.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Other song selections:

Clark Brothers: They chose “You’re in My Heart”. Ashley doesn't play the fiddle-he just sings. From everything I am reading, they absolutely blew the crowd away. Johnny Reznick said their performance touched him deeply. They bring Sheila to tears! It takes her awhile to recover. Dicko loved the performance. He even mentions to Ashley that they could add other Clark Brother members to their band if they want to.

Light of Doom: They sing "Infatuation". They get good reviews and Dicko brags on the lead singers voice getting better...he's been taking singing lessons!

Heaven help us all because next week will be Queen! Yep, we all discussed in last weeks thread that we didn't want Queen songs...apparently they weren't listening.....

Someone who was at the taping said that they believe the following week might be David Bowie because Dominic messed up and said David Bowie and then they re-taped it and he said Queen???!!!

Also, its going to be a 3 band finale....If I'm guessing I would say Clark Brothers, Sixwire and LOD (maybe Dot Dot Dot in the place of LOD)

Sounds like the Bros. Clark are at it again. I have to work tomorrow night, so I won't get to watch, so ya'll vote for me. That's 1 866-Clark Bros

Queen? Did they not learn their lesson from the disaster that resulted from AI's Queen night?

I'm very disappointed to hear that Tres Bien! is gone. Who the hell is voting for Denver, anyway?

I think Queen week will be fine. I wouldn't mind hearing the Clarks take on something like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love".
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

the myspace page for Zombie Bazooka Patrol says they will be performing at the show finale!

Awesome, Eat Dicko's Brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Veggieviewer;2707983;
    the myspace page for Zombie Bazooka Patrol says they will be performing at the show finale!

Awesome, Eat Dicko's Brain!
    Excellent. They were the only band I remotely liked during the tryouts. Not sure why since I really, really hate gimmicry, but the song they played was quite good, if I recall correctly.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I am sorry to say that Dot Dot Dot is the one rumored to get the boot this week! I am not happy about that!

Each band is going to do a Queen song and a original song.

First up is The Clark Brothers...with additional band members..but not family members! They had a drummer and a bass player-friends from Nashville. The Queen song they sung was "These are the Days of Our Lives" ( ) Ashley played the fiddle. Johnny and Sheila liked their original but Dicko didn't!

Next up was LOD. Hang on to your seats because they sung "We Will Rock You". The judges did NOT like it nor did they like their original.

Sixwire performed third and their Queen song was "Fat Bottomed Girls". Judges really liked it along with their original song.

Last up is DMHO. They sung "Sleeping on the Sidewalk" ( ) Judges thought their original song lacked a "hook".

Next Wednesday is the final performance show-nothing was mentioned as to whose songbook they will be singing. The finale show is being taped Dec. 16.

One of the things I read in several different places was that they didn't even talk to Dot Dot Dot when they got the boot. They just showed them in the green room waving bye!

Didn't Bucky Covington do "Fat Bottomed Girls" on AI?

Very disappointed to hear DDD is going instead of TMHO.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast