+ Reply to Thread

Thread: John Rzeznik - Judge

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

John Rzeznik - Judge

John Rzeznik - Judge

As singer, songwriter and guitarist for the Goo Goo Dolls, John Rzeznik is the voice behind the platinum-selling, chart-topping act responsible for radio staples such as "Name," "Iris," "Slide" and "Here Is Gone."

The youngest of five children in a Buffalo, N.Y., working-class family, Rzeznik inherited his lifelong love of music from his musician parents. As a teen, Rzeznik found refuge in listening to Jagger-Richards classics, playing in bands and catching shows by the Ramones, the Clash and the English Beat. In college, he met his Goo Goo Doll bandmates and soon scored a record deal with Celluloid Records, which released the band's first album in 1987. The band was later picked up by Warner Bros. and began the transformation from thrash-playing punks to respectable rockers unafraid to wear their hearts on their sleeve. Rzeznik and the band achieved commercial success during their past two decades in the music industry, selling 10 million records worldwide and sending 13 songs to the top 10. Rzeznik is currently on a worldwide tour to support their latest album, "Let Love In," which was released in 2006. The four-time Grammy-winning band also has two upcoming albums: "Greatest Hits Vol. I - The Singles," to be released in November 2007, followed by a rarities collection in early 2008.

Staying true to his hometown roots, Rzeznik divides his time between Buffalo and Los Angeles.

Official Site
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 10-21-2007 at 08:26 AM.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: John Rzeznik - Judge

Can i juut say.. there IS a god.... I love this man and he will be AWESOME for this type of role!!! Yay Johnny..

I will watch JUST for him hehe.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I don't know much about the Goo Goo Dolls but I'm getting a crush on John. I love the judges on this show!

As I've posted elsewhere in here, I just can't wrap my head around a Goo Goo Doll critiquing other people's music. They were an awful, awful band with horrible, horrible music.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Yeah ...
    The Goo Goo Dolls have had an ASCAP award, BMI award, multi-Grammy nominations, platinum-selling albums, radio airplay in the zillions ... Johnny Rzeznik must not know anything about performing, music or songwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2714237;
    Yeah ...
    The Goo Goo Dolls have had an ASCAP award, BMI award, multi-Grammy nominations, platinum-selling albums, radio airplay in the zillions ... Johnny Rzeznik must not know anything about performing, music or songwriting.
    Certainly he knows plenty about marketing. Music? Meh.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Oh, I don't know. "Slide" has a pretty good hook. I don't quite see how his band is going to fill out an entire CD of "greatest hits", though.

I'm so not a Goo Goo Dolls fan, but as the weeks have gone on, I think he's proved to be very perceptive. His critique of LOD last week was absolutely bang on. I also like that he, along with the other judges, have given such great constructive criticism, instead of seal claps and sneers.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread