+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "Bet Your Life" Discussion **Spoilers**

Seacrap OUT, Peeps.... I think we may have to all start a support group together after having endured that!!!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    You know what's funny? Billy got the best action scenes! Best stunts... best lines... thank God for Billy. Sean isn't going anywhere in this business... Corinne, quite possibly, can recover from this mess.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    You know what's funny? Billy got the best action scenes! Best stunts... best lines... thank God for Billy. Sean isn't going anywhere in this business... Corinne, quite possibly, can recover from this mess.
    Yes, I see guest shots on TV shows for her! She's the fourth criminal from the right on "Law and Order"! She's the corpse on "Crossing Jordan"! She's the babe who appears on-screen in the background for 5 seconds on the new (NBC, naturally) hit show "Joey"! Whoooo! Corinne has it MADE!

Maybe Joel Silver will feel some vague sense of obligation and give her a non-speaking role with 3 seconds on-screen in his next real movie!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    To be honest, only Billy really did that. Corinne being marginally more interesting than Sean was only a matter of degree. A small degree. And her WORST line readings were even worse than his--it's just that he was more consistently bad, whereas she was just uneven--veering between monsterously bad (mostly in the early scenes) and marginally interesting for a few seconds at a time.
    Yeah, but when Corinne was on, she was 'on' (well... at least as 'on' as this movie allows). And, the first few scenes where on about a 10 on the suckitude scale for everyone... so I can't really say that she was any worse than anyone else (and I still think she was better than Sean. Even then. :phhht )

In a way I'm glad I watched now. Other than "Who Wants To Marry My Dad", I haven't had SO much material to make fun of in a LONG time. Plus, Billy Zane cracks me up.

Yes, I see guest shots on TV shows for (Corinne)! She's the fourth criminal from the right on "Law and Order"! She's the corpse on "Crossing Jordan"! She's the babe who appears on-screen in the background for 5 seconds on the new (NBC, naturally) hit show "Joey"! Whoooo! Corinne has it MADE!

Maybe Joel Silver will feel some vague sense of obligation and give her a non-speaking role with 3 seconds on-screen in his next real movie!
    Hehe... I think she'll have to work her way up with acting lessons. She is good in fight scenes.... we already know that from what we saw. And she can do a bit of drama if John is her partner... he really got the shaft by being with Melisande on his last screen test.

Honestly? I think that this script was so bad that they could barely say those lines with a straight face. I wonder what they could do if the script was a little better? I think Sean tried to deliver the lines "breathlessly" a little too much. He was so monotonous ... And the script didn't allow Corinne to soften up and show anything other than the ass-kicking side. I mean, where the hell did that kiss and the hand-holding come from?

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I agree with Siryn - if Corrine gets a few more acting lessons, she could work her way up. And, maybe, if the script was just a wee better, her performance could have been much better...

Unfortunetly, I would have been laughing by the time that the first guy died. 'DON'T DIE ON ME! DON'T DIE ON ME, DAMMIT!'

Hands up. Who thinks they should have called this "Bet Your Career"?

Hands up. Who thinks they should have called this "Bet Your Career"?
    ouch, Krom...

I hope this didn't hurt Billy's career...

OMG , it was excruciatingly painful to watch this movie. Good thing I taped it, so I could fast-forward through a lot of the bad cheesy action chase scenes. The script was just so horrible, not even Billy Zane could save it.

I really wanted Sean to do good, but he was absolutely terrible. He had that same 'Zoolander" expression all throughout the movie, and his monotone voice dragged his character down.

Corrine looked great, and she nailed the "oh, hell no!" line. Some of her actions scenes were good, but that's not saying a lot. With a little more acting lessons, Corrine may still be able to get work even if she gets jobs in B movies. That's better than nothing.

+ Reply to Thread