+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBC Cuts ONE EPISODE of Next Action Star

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    This show had a great concept but was a little misleading. What happened to the "action?" Everytime I tune in all I see is drama or someone fake sobbing. Joel Silver needs to step up the action.
    I agree, I was all psyched up to see a cool show of people being pushed to the physical limit with plenty of great action--not another Real World clone.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The concept of the show sounded interesting, but I lost interest after two episodes. I'm more appreciative of good reality shows like Tar, after watching so many of the bad ones. Not to harp on this, but did you notice all the men, had identical noses, except for the black guy. Sort of a Donny Osmond, Ken Doll nose, ultra white bread.

In a way, I'm glad ... I don't know how many more acting lessons I could take where the most shocking/pathetic/soul-wrenching story gets the recast card. I dont' want to see grown people cry. I want to see how they handle fire shooting out at them as they run like heck outta the way. I don't want to see the whole Jared/Melisande thing anymore. Got my fill and then some. And then some more.

Then again, I wish they wouldn't punish those of us that do tune in, the faithful little sheep waiting to see a hero get blown to bits, or drop 150 feet from a car hanging off a bridge.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    This show had a great concept but was a little misleading. What happened to the "action?" Everytime I tune in all I see is drama or someone fake sobbing. Joel Silver needs to step up the action.
    Exactly! It started out great, but then they had the brilliant idea of adding "emotional" exercises. :rolleyes

I want to see these contestants perform real action stunts like taking a dive from buildings, jumping out of airplanes, making it out of an exploding car, etc. If I want to see cheesy drama, I can tune in to Big Brother or the Real World (but of course, I wouldn't watch that garbage, either.)

I feel bad for GSN for buying the re-airing rights of this show. Who would have expected such a monumental flop?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Exactly! It started out great, but then they had the brilliant idea of adding "emotional" exercises. :rolleyes

I want to see these contestants perform real action stunts like taking a dive from buildings, jumping out of airplanes, making it out of an exploding car, etc. If I want to see cheesy drama, I can tune in to Big Brother or the Real World (but of course, I wouldn't watch that garbage, either.)
    hey!!! big brother is off the hook..the live feeds anyway hahaha
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Maybe Jared is so bad that he pissed the network folks off and they decided that we didn't need to watch his drivel.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12