+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Judges and Host

Judges and Host

[IMG]images/img/NASJosh.jpg[/IMG]

Josh Einsohn

Einsohn met Victoria Burrows and Scot Boland while working in production on the film Contact -- and immediately fell in love with casting. He went on to train under Victoria and Scot on such features as The Polar Express and No Good Deed. Einsohn currently works for Laura Schiff, the Casting Director on The West Wing.

[IMG]images/img/NASMarki.jpg[/IMG]

Marki Costello

The granddaughter of comedian Lou Costello, Marki is an established name in the entertainment industry in her own right having worked as a casting director for the past 10 years. Marki has been responsible for casting such shows as Meet My Folks, The Bachelor and now, Next Action Star. She is currently the president and owner of the Casting Entertainment Group.

[IMG]images/img/NASScot.jpg[/IMG]

Scot Boland

In 2000, Boland partnered with fellow Next Action Star casting director Victoria Burrows to form Burrows/Boland Casting. The partners recently completed casting on the upcoming Bruce Willis feature, Hostage

[IMG]images/img/NASVictoria.jpg[/IMG]

Victoria Burrows

Burrows cut her casting teeth at Stephen J. Cannell Productions where she contributed to 21 Jump Street, Wiseguy and other hits. Her feature casting credits include The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Cast Away and the upcoming films King Kong and The Polar Express. In 2000, Burrows formed Burrows/Boland Casting with fellow Next Action Star casting director Scot Boland.

[IMG]images/img/NASTina.jpg[/IMG]

Tina Malave

As the Talent Wrangler on Next Action Star, Tina makes sure the finalists know what their next action will be - and also has the task of informing them who will continue in the competition and who will not. Tina's previous hosting duties include the series Fake Out and the 2001 Academy Awards special Extreme Close-up with Javier Bardem and Julian Schnabel. She has also appeared on E! Entertainment's 101 Reasons the '90s Ruled and 101 Best Kept Hollywood Secrets.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'm beginning to think we've got a Victor/Victoria thing going on with Burrows. She sure has a manly voice.

Not liking Scott at all. He was too one-dimensional. He just didn't do it for me.

I can't stand the judges, besides the fact that they don't agree with each other on anything, some of the things they say are on par with five year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    ....Not liking Scott at all. He was too one-dimensional. He just didn't do it for me.

It just kills me everytime Victoria says she likes Viviana. She can't take her eyes off her. Whatever...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'm finding the judging to be very odd on this show. The snippets of their conversations are more confusing than anything else. Are they really that scattered in their opinions?

It seems like casting experts would be able to agree more often. There have to be some minimum standards they can agree on, like how each person translates on camera. Instead, it's like they are leaving any semblance of expertise behind and relying on "I don't know why but I can't stop watching." It comes off sounding like a mood swing instead of the judgement of a seasoned professional.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread