+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next Action Star Casting Videos

Next Action Star Casting Videos

You can check out two casting videos, one for males and one for females, for this show at their official website. It seems like they are doing an 'American Idol' type audition process. You can check the videos out here:
    http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Next_Action_Star/

Thanks AI! Just checked it out and it looks like a lot of fun. If there is a second season I am definitely auditioning. It would be a blast!

Thanks, AIWANNABE.

Just saw the videos and the show looks pretty cool. Don't forget to watch the preview on Monday, June 14 at 10/9pm.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    Thanks AI! Just checked it out and it looks like a lot of fun. If there is a second season I am definitely auditioning. It would be a blast!
    I hope there is a second season so we can see you on the show.

Thanks for the link.
    I couldn't help but laugh at that one big guy that came tumbling down the ramp. He took a page out of Chris Farley's book. Maybe he thought he was auditioning for Last Comic Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Thanks for the link.
    I couldn't help but laugh at that one big guy that came tumbling down the ramp. He took a page out of Chris Farley's book. Maybe he thought he was auditioning for Last Comic Standing.

Of course, once they realize their "Major Motion Picture" is actually a crappy "made for TV" potboiler, with a script written by 1,000,000 Monkeys sitting at typewriters, will they be as enthusiastic?

Dish, Krom! What have you heard?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Dish, Krom! What have you heard?
    http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/...ory.php?s=2449

Specifically...
    the reality series will pit prospective action stars from across the country against one another in a radically new competition that seeks to produce America’s next high-powered male and female action heroes, with the duo starring in a two-hour made-for-TV action movie titled Hit Me which will air august 11 on NBC.
    Also of interest is this part:
    Initially announced in September 2002, the series was originally expected to have aired as part of NBC's Summer 2003 reality programming slate (which included such series as For Love Or Money, Last Comic Standing, The Restaurant, and Who Wants To Marry My Dad? -- all of which are also returning this summer) but was delayed for unspecified reasons.
    So basically the career advancement of these two "winners" was so minor that they were able to table their movie for a whole extra year. Basically it implies that they've probably been sitting on their asses for a year and a half, since they probably signed a non-disclosure agreement which wouldn't allow them to get acting jobs based on being the "winner" of this in that interim. Some career-making move, eh?
    Last edited by Krom; 06-10-2004 at 12:54 AM.

What a crappy way to treat the contestants. I bet you're right, they've been in career limbo ever since.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread