+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jewell Wins 'Nashville Star' Contest

Jewell Wins 'Nashville Star' Contest

Jewell Wins 'Nashville Star' Contest

56 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Buddy Jewell, a man who's no stranger to the way Music City works, secured a record deal Saturday night by winning the "Nashville Star" talent competition.

"Aside from the times my babies were born and I married my wife, this is the greatest," Jewell said from the stage of the Acuff Theatre after winning the competition.

Jewell, 41, who's been singing demos for songwriters for a decade in Nashville, beat out 10 other finalists in the USA Network series.

Jewell, a native of Osceola, Ark., earned a Sony Music recording contract. Country artist Clint Black will produce Jewell's debut CD.

Jewell and 11 other aspiring country stars moved into a house on Nashville's Music Row in early March and lived there for nine weeks.

While there, they competed in weekly talent shows. Viewers voted by telephone or the Internet after each show, sending the contestant with the least votes home.
    Actually, he beat out 11 other finalists.

Which the article even mentions later on. Can't believe the writer couldn't be consistent in the span of a couple paragraphs!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread