+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pour Out The Rain - Buddy Jewell

FORT Newbie

Pour Out The Rain - Buddy Jewell

REMEMBER TO CALL YOUR LOCAL RADIO STATIONS STARTING MONDAY TO REQUEST BUDDY JEWELL'S "POUR OUT THE RAIN"

This is the day his first single is released! We have proved he is our NASHVILLE STAR - now let's continue the support! Rankings are based off of radio play and record sales - so even though I received my Buddy Jewell CDs in the mail today (AND THEY ARE AWESOME) I will be buying anything that Sony puts out for him, to show my support.

Obviously the George Strait/ Alan Jackson song was correct when it said "MURDER WAS COMMITTED DOWN ON MUSIC ROW" (the murder is guys like Buddy being ignored for ten years in Nashville) Well...THE JURY (us...the voting public!) HAS SPOKEN!!!! WE HAVE MADE BUDDY THE STAR HE DESERVES TO BE!!!! (I LOVED his song "Thanks To All Who Told Me No!")

WAY TO GO BUDDY!
    What an AWESOME show Nashville Star was! AND WHAT A CLASS ACT AND DESERVING WINNER BUDDY JEWELL IS!
    Live Laugh Love Just For Today

Oh I'll be buggin' kfrog to play Buddy as well as buy is CD when it comes out... I'm still waiting for my Buddy CD & Tshirt..can't wait till they get here
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Newbie
    was sooooooooooo happy buddy won. and he wasn't even one of the ones the judges wanted in the beginning. he was a wild card. he got better with each show. i love that song. it really tugs at the heart like a bobby goldsboro song would do (watching scotty grow) - guess i'm showing my age on this one - LOL. liked the way they narrowed it down from 3 to 2. even the other contesants were rooting for buddy. he deserved it after all those years of writing and singing demos making other people famous --- and am sure as john arthur would tell him "vaya con dios" good buddy !!!!!!!!!
    frank aka ziggy

Sleeping with George W
    If you do call a radio station, the name of the song is "Lacey's Song."

I really wish Abilene On Her Mind was Buddy's first single. Lacey's Song is a bit too corny for me. Abilene is a sure hit ... even Bob Oermann said he thought it would hit number one if ever released. Oh well, I just enjoy it on the CD I bought from Buddy's Web site!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    What a wonderful show and what a wonderful winner!! I also wish he was going to release "Abilene" as his first single but I'm sure he will do it soon. No matter what song he sings he is great and I'm so happy that our Buddy is now a great big Nashville Star!! He deserves it and this show that the best man really DID win!! I loved this show.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Newbie
    The song was "Lacey's Song" on Buddy's independent CD, but Nancy O'Dell said Saturday Night the song will be titled "Pour Out the Rain" I read somewhere the changed it due to making it more marketable...the title is the same as the hook line, and makes it less personal to the artist. Who knows...whatever Sony decides to call it -- REQUEST IT! Abilene is awesome as well, so is One in A Row. Both of the independent CDs are great. Order them from the Web Site before Sony gets the rites and they are not available any longer!!!
    Live Laugh Love Just For Today

Sleeping with George W
    Thanks, WhatsIt. I guess I just got so used to tuning Nancy out that I didn't hear her say that.

Makes sense to change the name.

Abilene is an awesome song. I think he should have released it first. Upbeat songs draw people in, I think.

I love Pour Out the Rain too. I am such a sucker for a sappy song. It's made my cry every time I've heard it.

FORT Regular
    Yay, Buddy!!! My husband and I were (are) so happy that he won! And I sent him an email through his website congratulating him...then ordered his CD's and a t-shirt! Can't wait to get them. I enjoyed listening to the song samples off his website.

FORT Fogey
    You guys are just as fanatic as Clay fans!

"sorry, sorry" (Simon's excuse)

I have to say that the one time I did watch NS, I thought Buddy Jewell should be the winner.

+ Reply to Thread