+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Season Finale Post Show Discussion ****SPOILERS****

I really think they got it right, with Buddy, JA, and Miranda in that order. Miranda is good, but she is a bit too nasal and needs to learn to enunciate a little more clearly in her singing.

As for Brandi fans supporting JA ?? I have seen plenty of times since that scene where Buddy had his arm around Brandi and they seemed to have gotten over that little incident. The more I think about it, I'm sure the network showing that was just manipulation to get rid of Brandi since she seemed to have a great deal of support. Frankly, I thought she was not nearly as good as she thought she was.

I wonder if you all who were not crazy about JA just don't care for his style of music? Because I honestly thought he was the most complete performer on that show, and that was reinforced during the finale where he seemed more relaxed. I just hope some record label out there signs him up, because it was a disappointment to me that I didn't get to at least hear him say a few "last words" like Miranda did. I know, pandamonium had set in and Buddy was rightfully the focus, but I will really miss seeing JA every week.

I'm sure that John Arthur will get some record deal out of this. I think john arthur was great, he was my second favorite and I loved his voice, his style & his style of music....

He'll definitely be a very memorable country artist once he gets out there & someone snaps him up for record deals.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Sleeping with George W
    Even tho I totally love Miranda, I do agree that she needs to work on her enunciation. However, I also think JAM has the same problem. Only with him, it's because his voice is so soft. I didn't understand one word of that armadillo song and often had a hard time knowing what he was singing if I was unfamiliar with the song.

Having said all that, I think Buddy, Miranda and JAM are all three outstanding performers!

well i just discovered this site and i have a few opinions on the outcome of NS.

first, i just loved brandon silvera and travis howard. hope to see more of both of them.

next, while i have never thought jodee messina was physically attractive, that girl can sing. as soon as they announced that miranda would be dueting with her, i said, oh that poor girl is gonna get outsung. miranda does have talent and looks, but she is no jodee messina, at least not yet.

i too loved the role reversal with the judges and thought all 3 finalists did an outstanding job impersonating the judges.

and how cool was it that the top 2 finalists were the 2 oldest competitors? awesome! i really think all 12 finalists were super, but it was great to see some respect for experience and maturity. makes you wonder what we might see if AI didn't have a cutoff age of 25.

Hi Strawberry71468
    I don't think too many people hang out here anymore. I check once in a while to see if there's anything new.

I just wanted to say that I really liked Brandon too, and I don't agree with Robert that he "can't sing" I think he could use a little polishing, maybe, but not too much.

I also like Travis Howard, more now than I did during the show, from watching my tapes so much. I totally like his version of Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain better than any of the other ones I've heard. Hope we haven't heard the last of those two guys, and also Jamey Garner. Altho he was a little too much harmonica to suit me, I think he's got an awesome voice (wish he had sung more and less harmonica).

I can't believe I'm still hooked on this show and still watching my tapes over and over. Guess I'm hopeless.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I must be hopeless too cause this show was one of my all time favorites. I hope they have a 2nd season and can find people who are as charismatic as all these people were. Buddy is the greatest and I hope he has a wonderful career. I'd like to see all of them do well.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Altho he was a little too much harmonica to suit me, I think he's got an awesome voice (wish he had sung more and less harmonica).
    Yeah I can't help but wonder if he'd laid off the harmonica a little, if he woulda gotten further into the game, cause I don't see why else he was voted out so early .... I think all the harmonica, although it was beautiful, bored people a little.

I miss the show A LOT & I wish I had taped it but I totally forgot (was planning to that day they ran the marathon lol)
    I truly hope they'll have season 2, I think Buddy is doing really well & that should be good initiative to try another run
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123