+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Finale Post Show Discussion ****SPOILERS****

I'm glad Buddy won! I watched a little of this last night. Saw the Miranda/JoDee thing, thought JoDee totally hogged the camera. Saw the role reversal thing, and although I would have to rank the song as one of my least favorites, it was still pretty funny.

Go Buddy!

Yay for Buddy!

All of the last three were great! I wish they would've had John and Buddy sing a song together or something. An hour was kinda short for the ending show but I loved it when Buddy was cryin and thanking Jesus, bet you'll never see that on MTV, eh? lol

Good luck to them all and I hope to hear them all on the radio soon!

It was a great show.

I felt bad for Miranda, though. JoDee did seem to sing way too much of the song and Miranda looked really unhappy afterwards. I wonder if she had a problem and couldn't sing or if JoDee was a camera hog. She will get a contract, though. She is a great singer.

I was glad to see JA get second place. I loved that song he sang about the armadillo...I hope that gets to be a single. It was great, too bad he didn't sing that during the show.

I am so glad Buddy won. I got teary, too. Especially when they showed his family and his daughter was bawling. He deserves this and I will more than likely buy his albums.

So, when does the next season start?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Sleeping with George W
    Oh man ... I'm going to be in New York this week and I always stay right across the street from CBS. I am gonna see if I can go see Buddy! I'll even wear my Buddy t-shirt!

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, I'm pleased that Buddy won. The show definitely should have been a two-hour gig, though. Clint Black had his presentation speech to Buddy cut-short by Nancy. I know the producers were under a strict time restraint, but that was bush league. Something was definitely "up" with Miranda. JoDee embarrassed herself (imho).

I hope the producers learned something from this finale. After months and months of preparation and the grueling stress endured by the contestants - to taint the euphoria of the ultimate climax at the end left viewers feeling.... I don't know...."incomplete"? "unsatisfied"? I hate to sound like a chronic complainer or whiner - cause I was happy and also predicted that Buddy would win - but the finale format was a borderline bust. It's sad too, because I thought the final three contestants were all deserving and class acts.

Anyway, all three were winners. This won't be the last we hear of JAM and Miranda.
    Character is doing the right thing when no one is watching

Yeah, something wasn't quite right with Miranda. I was really surprised she came in 3rd, BTW.

John Arthur treated the finale like a celebration, with his upbeat duet and the armadillo song. Buddy treated it more like a coronation, reviving his "greatest hits." Although I thought he was a deserving winner, I was glad John Arthur was performing, too, to give the show a more celebratory feel.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    YES!!! Buddy did it!! I'm so proud of him. I think the show was very good but agree about JoDee taking up Miranda's song. That was so cruel to do her like that. She deserved much better and I think she must have been very disappointed that JoDee acted that way. The show definitely should have been 2 hrs. long. I've been watching the Nashville Star marathon since 7am this morning and will stick with it all day since I don't know when I'll ever get to see all these contestants perform again. Brandi I can do without but all the others are such stand out performers and will surely go on to have very good careers. Buddy is certain to be a star for many years and I look forward to seeing him accept awards for his music. Congratulations to everyone connected with this show!! The back-up band was great too and should not be overlooked.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

I've been watching the marathon most of the day, I am so going to miss this show! I'm glad Buddy won, he deserved it, and I'm glad John Arthur was second. I like Miranda, but I just love John Arthur. He is such a wonderful performer, I hope he doesn't just disappear like he did last night after they announced the winner. I'm sure we'll be hearing from Miranda again too, she is wonderful. It wouldn't have bothered me seeing any one of those three win.

FORT Newbie
    I am really floored that Miranda came in third! I thought she would win for sure. But I didn't even get to vote for her...the usa website was down when I tried to vote....

Oh well I am sure she will get a record contract anyway! Maybe even a better record contract. I hear some newbie contracts are not exactly lucrative...and I am sure we all remember the mess the Dixie Chicks had to deal with...

I think they could have found a better duo partner for Miranda than Jo Dee Messina...she looked so old and out of shape. I used to think she was cute but...not anymore! I honestly thought Miranda did a better job singing her song that JoDee did....they should have let Miranda sing more.

I wonder just how close the whole voting was, and/ or maybe the voting was rigged??

I do like Buddies two songs though...Abilene and Pour out the Rain. But of course Pour out the rain will be overplayed like everything else...and then I will start to hate the song!!

~Michiganlover~

Sleeping with George W
    Gossip Article

Heh ... a big NO COMMENT from Miranda on the Travis rumors.

You know, I think Miranda probably fell victim to the Brandi voters. Once Brandi was out, any of her voters still voting would most likely go to John Arthur, since he was the one who was nicest to Brandi. They surely wouldn't go for Buddy, who was the "anti-Brandi," and they probably remember Miranda's comment about Brandi taking things too personally.

Anyhow ... I'm ordering a Miranda CD today off her Web site. She also sells that Texas cowboy hat that she wears. I miiiiiiight have to get that too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast