+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-show discussion - Episode 4 (3/29)

FORT Regular
    I'm so pleased with the voting on Nashville Star! Both the audience and judges seem to get it right each time, in my humble opinion.

I had said in my last post that I though Travis should be the next to go, and he was. Personally, I think that Brandy(i?) should be the next to go...ENOUGH with the crying, already. Brandy. We're going to have to start calling you Crying Brandy (see Trading Spaces...Crying Pammy!). Anyhoo...

I agree with Prentiss being bounced, as well...he was awful last night. Terribly off-key, and never corrected it.

Jamey continues to do well...I'm a big Journey fan, and he nailed that song on the head. Good for him, for giving up the security of his harmonica & typically more upbeat performance. He proved that he can do well with ballads as well as rock-out songs.

I also liked the two older gents, they shone out strong last night. Thank GOD that they gave Buddy a haircut, it was a huge improvement. And John seemed YEARS younger, good for him, he did a great job with the song & performance. More lively.

Amy's fine, and Miranda's fine, but I wouldn't buy a CD of either of them, to be honest. Whereas I could see myself buying one of Jamey's, or Buddy's, or John's, or even Brandon! Geez, that seems so sexist...but if one of the female performers was really knocking my socks off, I'd readily buy one of her CD's and be rooting for her.

Honestly, I wouldn't quibble with any of the folks who are left at this point being nominated as Nashville Star. They're all talented (even if not MY first choice). This is no pathetic American Idol, sham.

BTW, I've got my hubby completely hooked on this show now, as well! HE was the one who said "hey, it's Nashville Star night! Let's get the kids to bed soon so we can watch it together!". It's so much fun watching with someone else so you can make comments & critiques along the way!

(Did anyone else notice that they seemed to cut Barbra Mandrell off anytime she tried to speak? Maybe she was veering too much from her script, and hogging the mike? Hmmm...)

Excellent points, Carly! I thought Barbara Mandrell was the most well-spoken guest they've had so far, but they were rushing her along and begging her to shut up. I was annoyed by that.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

BTW, Carly...WELCOME!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Sleeping with George W
    I'm just the opposite. I adore Jamey and J.A., but not sure I'd want to listen to an entire CD of them. But Amy and Miranda ... I'd have their CDs blaring in my car when the top's down all summer long.

What was with the judges' bad moods last night? I think they kind of mirror AI. When it's a theme that goes against their preferred taste in music, they go all cranky on us.

I really liked Barbara Mandrell, but lets face it, it's a one-hour show. They had to cut her off to not run out of time. And I'm not liking anyone on tv ... whether pro-war or anti-war ... who hogs up air time blabbing about the war, or the president or our service men and women. WE GET IT ALREADY! Not to mention I could care less about any of their opinions.

Not unhappy to see Prentiss go. I think our lady judge, however, was bummed about the departure of her "outlaw" Travis.

Hey ... when do the judges stop voting? Hope they get Brandi out of there before then.

I missed the show last night. How did Travis act when he got the boot. I was getting tired of him so I'm pleased to see that he got voted out. Not surprised to see that Prentiss went even though I missed his preformance. He was too boring.

FORT Newbie
    By the way, Miranda and Amy have websites, and Miranda has some CD's out...so if you think Miranda has talent, you can in fact buy her cd's right now!

~Michiganlover~

The show on saturday was o.k but like i mentioned somewhere else before, it's never a good idea to take a pop song and make it country.... I love country music, but I dont know... anyway, so I think the theme this week was abit shakey......

I honestly thought Prentiss would've been voted off in the beginning of the show, but the fact that it was Travis isn't a big surprise either & yeah I saw Prentiss get booted coming from far away, he was indeed too boring. I think I said this before, the only one who can stand straight up and down and do nothing but sing is George Strait.

I liked the make-overs they got. Buddy looks better with shorter hair, was like he got cleaned up a little & John Arthur definitely looked good in that jacket. Wish I could fit into those pants that Miranda wore, lol, they were hot

Barbara Mandrell was a great guest star, the best one they've had so far, but I still don't see the point of them, they don't even sit with the judges.... at least in American Idol they get to give comments and so on.... But I understand they give peptalks to the contestants so maybe it's more for their sake then the viewers.

Good show, although a bit boring due to the theme (I thought), will be fun to see next time. Wonder who will be voted off by the viewers.....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Ack! Eden, you're right. I kind of glossed over the "whose CD would you buy?" part in my haste to welcome Carly to the board. I agree with you. The only ones whose CDs I would buy right now are Amy and Miranda. Maaaaaaaybe Brandon or John Arthur, but I don't know about that.

And, yeah, the judges were very cantankerous last night. I thought they must've received a stern talking-to from the show's producers or something to not fawn all over the contestants. They went a little overboard with some of their criticism.

I think the judges are already done, BTW. The remaining boots are viewer-vote-based, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, and Dottie, how did Prentiss respond to being voted out? Well, let me tell you, he was completely awash with emotion. NOT! I didn't notice any normal human reaction out of him, but he did plant a kiss on Nancy's cheek after she gave him one. He also got his hand up under her shirt so that it was riding up a bit more than she was comfortable with. That's about it, really.

Do you think prentiss was an alien spy from outer space who forgot to study human emotions before he was beemed down to perform?
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Hi Everyone!

I am totally hooked on this show, and just did a search to see if there was a forum on it. Found this site and it's great! So far I'd have to say my favorites are John Arthur, Buddy, and Miranda. Felt a little sorry for Brandi because I think she was trying to do what the judges asked her to do the previous week. However, the crying act is a bit much and if she wants to be a star she better toughen up and learn to accept criticism. I pretty much expect her to be gone at the beginning of next week's show Didn't particularly care for the theme, turning pop into country, some of them did a better job then other. I thought Miranda's Hurt so Good was awesome. I also have to say after reading some of the other threads that I guess I'm in the minority when I say I liked Buddy's hair the way it was, and I liked him in the black. Well, I'm just rambling, just wanted to drop in and say hi. I'll be around for the duration of this show, I'm sure. Don't really watch any of the other reality tv shows, but I love country music!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast