+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post-show discussion - Episode 4 (3/29)

Hi, Misty! Welcome to the FORT!

Glad to hear you'll be sharing your opinions on the show for the duration. Feel free to poke around some of our other forums, too. They're not ALL about reality TV. There's an "Introduce yourself" thread in the General forum, for example. Have fun!

And, Wyndemere, I really think you're onto something! "Prentiss to Mother Ship, beam me out of here. I've failed in my mission to take over the world with country music."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Misty!

I'm glad you found us.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

FORT Regular
    Dottie,
    You asked "How did Travis act when he got the boot? (I was getting tired of him so I'm pleased to see that he got voted out.)"

He seemed truly SHOCKED that he'd been voted off! I really think he was/is convinced that he's the cat's meow! And Tracy & Nancy didn't help him to get past that misconception.

Paulie & Eden,
    I guess diversity makes the world go around! You couldn't pay me money to drive around listening to Miranda on the radio! YAWN!!! Her cutsy little dimple smile is getting on my last nerve just like Tasha's winking & flower-in-the-hair routine was!

But...I'd buy a CD from Jamey in a heartbeat (thump, THUMP!).

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I actually called in this week and voted for my favorite. Not that I have just one favorite, but I am pretty sure that Jamey and John are safe for another week. I was a little worried about Brandon though and I really like him alot too so thought I would send a vote his way.

I really like this show and the way they work it better than American Idol. It seems that this one is faster paced and the preformers are consistantly better. I really like that the judges vote one and then we vote one. Maybe I only like it cause I have yet to disagree with the judges.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's smitten with this show. I like it a whole heck of a lot more than American Idol. The contestants on Nashville Star are ten times more talented (with the exception of one or two on AI).

However, no matter how much I like this show, I thought the "Pop goes country" theme was not the greatest. The AI country/rock theme was way better. I don't know, just my opinion. But I know that Saturday's show will rock because it's their own songs and that is what I've been waiting for since the premiere!

One last thing.... as for who's CD I would run out and buy---definately Buddy Jewel. I think he's the best one there. I melt at the first note he sings.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    If I had to have a CD in my car right now, Buddy would be my man. From the limited amount of exposure his orignal songs have had, I think he may be the best writer they have in their midst.

Welcome, Welshless and MajiH! Glad to have you join our discussion of the show!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Glad to have you both here. Stop back by and let us know what you think of everyone's original songs after the show this Saturday.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

MAJI! Woohoo another Buddy fan! I totally agree with you. I want Buddy in my car stereo

I really like that they test other talents than singing, i,e the song writer skills..... that's really cool, it's like they show that they can do more than just stand up with a microphone & sing.

I look forward to this week's contest
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I'm still not sold on Buddy, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. He certainly kicks butt over most of the AI finalists this year, (of course that isn't saying much but it's something).

Jeeze, you guys are really getting me excited for the show.

Yippee! *skips away counting the hours until show time*
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12