+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post Show Discussion - Episode 3 - 3/22 **Spoilers**

Post Show Discussion - Episode 3 - 3/22 **Spoilers**

Episode 3: STYLES OF COUNTRY
    Premieres: Saturday, March 22, 9PM ET(LIVE!) / 9PM PT

At the top of the show, we’ll reveal the final results of the previous week’s call-in and online voting, and then say goodbye to another contestant, live on the air! Then our remaining eight contestants will once again perform live at the Acuff Theatre, this time singing a song from the style of country music that they think suits them best. This round is unique opportunity for our contestants to represent their own musical backgrounds — they could end up singing anything from "Coal Miner’s Daughter" to "Sweet Home Alabama" to "This Kiss"! Each performance will be once again be followed by commentary from our judges and from this week’s guest star, Wynonna Judd. After everyone has performed, our judges will again eliminate the person they feel was the weakest performer, and then the remaining nine contestants will be presented to you, the viewing audience. You’ll once again be given the opportunity to call in or log on to vote for your favorite performer.

Talk about the show here.

I wonder why we can't get a song from the guest stars? Are they just there to comment on the show?

Anyways, I love this show. I think the caliber is higher than American Idol and I think it'll be really tough to pick contestants to eliminate, because they ALL have their charm, style & they're all very talented. I did agree with tonight's pick though, I didnt think she was of same caliber as the rest.

I fear that either Brandon or Prentiss may be gone at the beginning of next show. I think among the 11, the two of them were the ones that didn't really "do it for me" .... I like Prentiss, he's so cute, but I dont know if he has what it takes to compete with these contestants, I'm just so impressed with all of them.

I just really love Brandi & Buddy ..... they've got it all, charm, charisma & good sets of pipes.
    Buddy is still my favorite..... but I'm starting to fear that with the caliber of contestants that are on the show, not even he will make it to the finals... I hope he does, I really really love him lol :-) Woohoo.... I'll be buying his cd, I still say that.

Nancy O'Dell is starting to annoy the hell out of me. lol.
    Is it just me or does it seem like shes trying SOOO hard to be country, something that she maybe isn't normally?
    I mean what was that question to buddy... "If I start a fight in a bar... not that I would cause I'm from south carolina.... would you rescue me?" I mean... hello???? Uh.... scuse me, where did that come from???

Overall though I love it.... I think AI should adopt that method of elimination, just do it in the beginning of the show. See, they knew how to make it exciting for the audience & pull it off in just seconds.... very cool.

Can't wait for next time..... (I always say that on saturday nights... lol)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Nancy's pseudo-cheerleader head bob and beady little eyes are starting to get to me, too, Wyndemere. I also don't like the way she starts off saying "Well" after the commercials and turns it into "Welcome".

I'm so petty.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

oh no, you pointed out another annoying thing about Nancy that I hadn't noticed yet!! Eeek!! How will this end up! lol

Thank god Wynonna was there. :rolleyes
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Oh my God. Wynonna.

Everytime she spoke I imagined writing a recap that said...Wynonna said something, but all I heard was "blah blah blah blah blah".

What was the freakin' point of her being there? I did get one laugh though. When she said something about having to work hard and make appearances for free...ummmm, OK Wynonna, how much did they have to pay you to say that!?!?
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

No kidding! Looks like she's moonlighting as a New York cabbie, too. What an outfit.

Sleeping with George W
    Does anyone else think Winona is the Michael Jackson of country music? Freakish!

I hadn't really thought of that, but you might be onto something, Eden.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I have to wonder about the point of these guest stars.. .at least in AI they sit with the judges and give individual comments...
    Does the audience get to see performances that aren't on camera? I was hoping we'd get at least one song from the guest star.... but nooooooooooooo.............. just some weirdo comments here and there.

+ Reply to Thread