+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Show Discussion - Episode 2 - 3/15 **Spoilers**

Post Show Discussion - Episode 2 - 3/15 **Spoilers**

Episode 2: NASHVILLE CLASSICS
    Premieres: Saturday, March 15, 9PM ET(LIVE!) / 9PM PT

In this special 90-minute episode, you値l watch as our 12 contestants move into their house on Music Row and begin preparing for their first live performance on national television. Then we値l go live to the Acuff Theatre, where all of our contestants will perform a classic country hit. Each performance will be followed by commentary from our judges and from this week痴 guest star, Clint Black. After everyone has finished performing, our judges will proceed to eliminate the person they feel was the weakest performer - live on the air! Then the remaining 11 contestants will be presented to you, the viewing audience, and you値l be given the opportunity to call in or log on and vote for your favorite performer.

Meet here after the show to talk about your favorite performers.

Interesting. The judges are eliminating a person, but then the viewers get to vote for their favorite? What exactly does a vote do for them?

My understanding is that it's a double elimination. One goes bye bye, courtesy of the judges, at the end of the show. One goes next week when the votes are announced, leaving 10 remaining.
    I知 haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Oh, that's cool. It makes the judges more than the figureheads they are on AI, and also gives the viewers their voice. Awesome.

Wow!!! I loved this show, I enjoy it more than I enjoy American Idol. Of course, I've always been into country music so maybe that's part of the reason, another reason is that I think country musicians are more "down to earth" & real than the pop ones, I've always thought this, I notice it when I go to concerts, country ones are more kickback really. But they were all pretty good I thought.

I think the judges were really cool tonight. It seems Charlie was more comfortable tonight & I really loved him tonight! Good! lol.

I can't believe how Travis Howard SLAUGHTERED "Blue eyes crying in the rain" ..... I know he wants his own style & to make his song his own, but come on!! I cringed during his entire performance, ugh, he murdered the song, I don't know if I can ever forgive him lol.

I thought they were all pretty good (with exception of a couple) but I really love Buddy & Brandi, they're my favorites, if I HAVE to pick one, I hope Buddy goes all the way, I love his voice, his style & he's just a big teddy bear, would make a great country music star I think

Woohoo, can't wait for next Saturday.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

It was a very good show. No suspense at the end, though, in my opinion. Anne Louise's performance stood out as inferior, I think. I also didn't like her telling the audience to "put their hands together for me"! Personal favorites were Buddy, Brandi, Amy, and John Arthur.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

yeah I think the kindergarten teacher or Travis Howard may be going out on Saturday... Dont know about Travis, I may be slightly biased since he performed murder on national television of that song, ugh. ... hehe.

From what I can see now is Miranda, Brandi, Buddy & ... oh... wha'ts his name..... the guy on the harmonica..... in the top and the mexican...ohhh he's a doll

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I totally agree that Travis or the kindergarden teacher should be the ones to go. So I hope it is one of them. I still hate this concept of voting for my favorite one. Why can't we vote for the one we want to go. There are always several I like and I can't vote for all of them. It is easier to pick one that I don't feel did well to get rid of.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

My favorites have changed from last week. I'm partial to Brandi, Tasha, and Brandon now. I'll still give the benefit of the doubt to Travis though, because I like him. That song of his sounded pretty bad, but I'll be happy to forget about it if he rocks out next week. Speaking of next week, my picks will probably have changed again by then.
    I知 haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

yeah think Travis deserves another chance, the man has got some major charm going for him. I think it was a matter of lousy song choice (or I choose to think so lol). Hopefully they get rid of the kindergarten teacher (see I can't even remember her name lol) .... and let Travis go another round

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast