+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Show Discussion - Episode 1 - 3/8 **Spoilers**

Post Show Discussion - Episode 1 - 3/8

Episode 1: THE ROAD TO NASHVILLE
    Premieres: Saturday, March 8, 9PM ET/PT

In our 90-minute premiere episode, you値l see the scope (and the madness) of the local round auditions: the long lines of auditionees, the radio stations involved, the local judges, and more. You値l get to see some good, some bad, and some just plain ugly performances. Then, after the thousands have competed in our local competitions around the USA, we move on and take a look at those who to qualified for our five regional competitons, as our judges jet around the country to Los Angeles, Houston, Baltimore, Kansas City and Nashville. Along the way, various country music stars will offer their comments on what it really takes to make it in Nashville. Finally, after starting with thousands of potential stars, we値l end up with our final group of 12, and you値l watch as they prepare for their journey to the cradle of country music, Nashville, Tennessee, in hopes of winning a Sony recording contract.

Post your thoughts here after the show on Saturday.

Tonight's the premiere! I think it has the potential to find a really good country singer. I like the process a little more than AI, even though I'm not the biggest country fan.

I love country music.... :-) I'm rooting for Buddy Jewell so far, I think he was great & I did totally love his style with the long coat & the black hat.... I don't know what they were bagging on that for.

And I'm gonna throw something at the TV screen if Charlie Robison keeps trying so hard to be "Simon" ... he's tragically unsuccessful at it.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

He can't be any worse than Lorenzo's pathetic attempt to be "Simon", can he?

I think this will be a pretty good show. Wasn't too fond of the "Simon-like" comments, but did laugh when Chris (I think) asked the guy if they had pants for men where he bought his.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

LOL yeah that comment was pretty funny ..... Someone I talked to had a good comment on Charlie trying to be Simon...

He's being mean to be FUNNY whereas Simon really is like that.... Charlie needs to find his own style, seriously...

But I can't wait to see the rest of the show, I think it'll be great, has a lot of potential, although I cant believe they picked out the guy with the spikey hair..was it Brandon?

I don't think Charlie was anything like Simon. I think all 3 of their comments were reasonable and I agreed with nearly all of them. I liked the judges and the way they interacted when making their panel decisions.

One of my favorite parts of the show was while the end credits were running. The 12 finalists were hamming it up one by one for the camera as they introduced next weeks show. They had hand made signs asking us to vote for them and it was really sweet and funny. Especially the last clip. Travis Howard in his best Southern drawl says - And would somebody please vote for Buddy Jewel? For the love o' God! Great delivery! I laughed so hard I had to play it back 3 times.
    I知 haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

LOL I know that was funny

BTW, it looks like the only time the premiere will re-air is 9:30AM on Saturday morning. That's Mountain time. It might be different elsewhere. Not sure how USA does their scheduling.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

From the Nashville Star web site:

Tue, Mar 11 10:00 PM THE ROAD TO NASHVILLE
    Wed, Mar 12 12:30 AM THE ROAD TO NASHVILLE
    Thu, Mar 13 11:30 AM THE ROAD TO NASHVILLE

*All times listed are US/Eastern.
    Please check your local listings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast