+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Natasha Valentine

I felt strangely vindicated when Charlie and Tracy said she sounded too much like Pasty Cline. That's exactly what I was thinking while she was singing. Also what's up with that tic she's got going on with her right eye? She must've been awfully nervous to be winking so wildly like that.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Sleeping with George W
    I agree, Paulie! This isn't a Patsy Cline imitator contest! While the retro look is cute, I don't see how it would work for a long-term career. She seems more into "dressing up" and "pretend to be Patsy" thing rather than a serious career thing. I'm glad the judges gave that feedback. She doesn't seem to know who SHE really is.

Well, good. I was done with her, anyway. She came out on stage and started right in with the nervous tic (she'd call it a wink). But this time I was annoyed by her gruesome sneer. I think she was smiling, but she was so stressed it looked like she was passing a gall stone. And her walk annoyed me this time out, too. She walked like both legs were in casts.

I'm sorry, but I really do think I've heard the last of her, no matter what she says.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

yeah I don't think there's room for her, at least not in country music.... maybe she should look into theater or acting or something like that, I agree with TRacy, she's TOO CUTE for country music... or any other music genre for that matter.

She ought to find herself & her own style though, not dress up like Patsy or whoever she chooses.... that was cute the FIRST time I saw her, last nite when she came out again the same way I was like "oh no" lol.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Paulie
    [B]Well, good. I was done with her, anyway. She came out on stage and started right in with the nervous tic (she'd call it a wink). But this time I was annoyed by her gruesome sneer. I think she was smiling, but she was so stressed it looked like she was passing a gall stone. And her walk annoyed me this time out, too. She walked like both legs were in casts.B]

Perfect description, Paulie. I also kinda thought she looked like an outta control robot!

I still like her. She would probably be better as a wedding singer at the church of Elvis than as a Nashville Star, but I like her. She has a great voice, and a fun personality, but somehow this competition just wasn't right for her. I'm glad she made it as far as she did though. It was fun getting to know a little about her.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12