+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kristen Kissling

quiltincat
    Are you a friend of Kristen? It must be exciting for you to see one of your favorite hometown performers as a finalist on Nashville Star. We would love to hear more about her performances and anything else you would like to share with us. That premiere episode featured so many singers it didn't really give any of them a chance to shine. I look forward to hearing more from Kristen and the whole gang.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Ughh! I just read that Kristen quit her job as a kindergarden teacher when she made the top 12 and doesn't plan on going back to it. She wants to get a band together and make a career of music. I hope she turns out to be a good singer, because otherwise...that's just sad.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Really? That's too bad. I honestly didn't think much of her. She's not much of a singer, and her stage presence was just so-so, in my opinion. She's going to need a great deal of improvement to convert this hobby into a career, I would think.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Sleeping with George W
    I'm not sure she was really a "kindergarten" teacher. On the show, it said she was a "pre-school" teacher. I have the feeling she was really a daycare worker.

Anyway, I thought she was clearly the weakest performer of the bunch. Heartbreak Hotel is not a country song and I'm glad the one judge called her on it. She annoys me with her shouting/growling/flat voice and hyper personality. Would love to see her leave this week.

I won't miss her, but I sure felt sorry for the way she was asked to leave. Pretty harsh to make them record their intro, rehearse their song, get all dressed up for the performance, then drop-kick their ass off the stage.

I misunderstood what Nancy said, too. (Big surprise there.) I thought they'd just show each person's face once and the last one that appeared on the list was done. I wasn't expecting the dizzying montage. I guess they were feeling nostalgic for the hyper-edit after Episode 1.

They very first face they showed was Amy's, and I was very happy. When they showed her again, though, I became instantly concerned. Such a dork.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Sleeping with George W
    What was with Kristin's "I've got a nice stomach, too" remark to Nancy?

I hate to tell you, honey, your flat stomach is outta here and Brandi is still onstage singing!

Yeah, Eden, that stomach comment was really from left field. Nancy asked her if she was going to continue to follow her dream, (or some such nonsense), and that was her response. :rolleyes

I thought it was kind of funny that they kept showing clips of her from the house after she had been eliminated. They obviously didn't want those gratuitous ass shots to go to waste.
    -Richard Brautigan

I was kind of embarrassed on her behalf the entire night. The stomach comment was stupid and obviously directed at Charlie because she looked at him when she said it. I think it was code for, "Meet me in my dressing room after the show." And the hot tub thing with her grabbing her butt was more spooky than appealing, I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12