+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anne Louise Blythe

Anne Louise Blythe

HOMETOWN: San Lorenzo, CA

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Nashville, TN

BIO: Anne is a California girl who is waiting tables while chasing her dream in Nashville. Her past experience includes performing in theme parks across the country.

QUOTE: "I am extremely excited to have this opportunity to share my passion of performing with more than just my family, close friends and cat (my only audience right now)...hahaha. My style incorporates a traditional country sound with a modern flair."

Another contestant who to me just "looks" so much like the image of a country singer.
    Pretty lady.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I couldn't really find much out about Anne Louise. I've got to agree with you, Fluff, pretty lady.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

They seem to have found some good contestants.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

The short clip they showed of Anne Louise didn't do much for my opinion of her. Her little dance looked kind of awkward. She seems like a sweet girl though, and I hope she performs well next week.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Posted on Thu, Mar. 13, 2003
    'Nashville Star' competitors have local ties
    Network show is country-western version of 'American Idol'
    Grant Shellen
    The Tribune

...For Blythe, the journey to the "Nashville Star" house was a short one. The 25-year-old Bay Area native moved to the city about two and a half years ago.
    She said that even from the earliest tryouts, she never expected to become a finalist.
    "They picked a great group of people," she said. "Probably the first day, I was sure I wouldn't make it."
    Blythe has been singing and writing songs since she was a little girl and said she realized when she was about 16 that she wanted to sing professionally.
    "I thought, 'What if some day I'm that person on the radio that some little girl is singing along to?'" she said.
    So Blythe followed through with her dream and moved from to Nashville.
    But shortly after the move, her father died -- something her mother said was hard for Blythe to deal with.
    "When her dad died, that really affected her," Vonnie Villa-Blythe said. "But she stuck it out. I gotta give that girl credit."
    Villa-Blythe, a nurse at Cabrillo Care Center in San Luis Obispo, said she told her daughter that she could be sure there was now a guardian angel watching over her. Blythe wrote a song about that, and her mother said it has become a fan favorite.
    "I write about how I'm feeling at the time," Blythe said. "I don't really think, 'Hey, this is going to be good for the radio.'"

Click here to read the full article.

I think she was definitely hurt by singing the same song she sang at the auditions. I know I was disappointed by that.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread