+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clint Black - Creative Consultant

Clint Black - Creative Consultant

Clint Black will serve as a creative consultant to the contestants competing in Nashville Star, assisting the 12 hopefuls as they work with songwriters, choose songs and musical arrangements, and try to decide how to best present themselves to the television audience and remain in the competition. After the grand finale episode, when the first "Nashville Star" will be declared, Black will begin work as the producer of the winnerís first album.

Raised in Houston, Texas, Black was influenced by a wide variety of musical acts, including George Jones, Lefty Frizzell, and Dire Straits. Black was playing acoustic guitar and singing by age 15, and after dropping out of high school, he worked days as a fishing guide and ironworker while singing in local bars at night.

In 1987, Blackís big break came when RCA records signed him to a record deal. Thanks in large part to its four No. 1 singles, "Better Man," "Killin' Time," "Nobody's Home," and "Walkin' Away," Black's debut album, Killin' Time (1989), stayed at No. 1 on the country album charts for 28 weeks and was certified triple-platinum. After a second successful album in 1990, Put Yourself in My Shoes, Black was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in 1991.

Following the release of two more albums, The Hard Way in 1992 and No Time to Kill in 1993, Black tried his hand at acting, appearing on the television series Wings and in the hit film Maverick in 1994. Returning to the recording studio, he released One Emotion in 1994, his Greatest Hits in 1996, Nothin' But the Taillights in 1997, and D'Lectrified in 1999.

In October 1991, Black married television star Lisa Hartman, also a singer. The couple was nominated for a Grammy Award in 2000 for their collaboration "When I Said I Do," which hit No. 1 on the country charts. His official website can be found at www.clintblack.com.

I kind of like Clint Black. I hope this show does well for him and doesn't turn out to be an embarrassment. I guess we're just one day away from finding out.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread