+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nashville Star Concert Report

Nashville Star Concert Report

Well I just got back from the concert tonight.

This is the first time that the Nashville Star tour has come to Calfornia and I have had my tickets stuck on my calendar for 3 months and not so patiently, waited.

I will put it very simply by saying that I was not dissapointed in any way. I also got to meet them all after the show and had them sign something for me...more on that later though.

Their backing band kicks all kinds of ass --- I mean WOW. Talented, talented musicians. All four of them sang a song together at the beginning and then each of the top 4 had their own set.

Some brief thoughts on each set:

Matt Mason --- now he was good, but he has also packed on the pounds. Quite a few people didn't actually recognize him and I must admit that I was shocked a little. Great vocalist, talented singer and guitar player. He won the audience over and the audience was basically all there for Chris and Casey.

Nicole Jarobe --- I felt a little sorry for her as it was obvious that she was the least favorite of the crowd when she came out. No denying she has talent and her duet with Casey was amazing.

Casey Rivers --- What a gorgeous man. So, SO talented. I am so glad that he did the Elvis song and How Great Thou Art --- which are both on my cell phone. He was lucky the stage was high up as girls were literally trying to pull him over. Just brilliant.

Chris --- Well it was a Chris crowd and I was right in the center about 3 people back and screaming like I have never screamed before. Props for being the only one to say that he loved Anahiem. After his first song he came up to try and start the second and we literally wouldn't stop screaming. He just backed away from the mic, grinned, soaked it all in and said: I can tell I am going to LOVE Anahiem. He did about 5 tracks that are going to be on the new cd that comes out either Oct 9 or Oct 12 --- whichever of those dates the cd doesn't come out on is when he will be on the Jay Leno show. He sang Tequilla Makes Her Clothes Fall Off and made me very happy. He was shocked that everyone knew the words to his single and had some nice things to say about that. Great set...acknowledge everyone...sang to everyone and he is gorgeous too.

So after the concert I took my shirt, Casey picture and Chris picture from them to sign.

Matt was first and I only really said hi to him.

Casey --- I looked into his eyes and then tried to speak...not good...but eventually I found my voice and told him something that made both of us blush and I told him that I almost voted for him over Chris when he sang How Great Thou Art.

Nicole --- I said hi to her. She asked if I enjoyed the concert and I said yes.

Chris --- I told him that he is the first and only person I have ever voted for on all seasons of Nashville Star, that his voice was simply amazing, that I would try and be in the audience in the Jay Leno show and more gushy stuff like that. He actually grabbed my hand and said: Thank you so much, your adorable.

So now off to find Leno tickets

Here are some pictures of the things they signed:

Matt's signature on the left, Nicole's on the right.

Casey

Chris
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Here are my cell phone pictures from the concert:

Casey and Nicole

Nicole

Chris

Chris again

Chris

Casey and Nicole

Casey

I didn't take any picture of Matt on my cell, but I do have some videos of him and all of the others. Once I get them off my cell I will try and get them over here.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread