+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 3/14

Show Discussion 3/14

So...what did y'all think?
    Last edited by speedbump; 03-16-2006 at 02:29 PM.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I loved it! I think Wy & Cowboy Troy are great together as co-hosts; you can really see that they care about the contestants and they are having fun being there with them.

I also like the fact that the contestants are now sitting off to the side of the stage watching their fellow performers. That was one thing that was so great about Rockstar: INXS and was glad to see Nashville Star incorporoate that. It really gives you a good insight as to how the contestants relate to each other & to the performances.

I think the 10 finalists are all really talented, this should be a fun season!!

I agree with the judges decision to send Jewels home, she had the weakest performance. It seemed that her 'redneck woman act' was a little forced.

Unfortunately, it's on too late for me (since I have to get up at 5:30). I saw the first 1/2 hour or so, but then I fell asleep. I wish they would put it on earlier!

Misty, I think it is being repeated on Saturday. Check the Nashville Star website for more airing times.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I forgot all about it being on........
    Maybe I can catch the re-run........
    Even without seeing it, I would think that Cowboy Troy and Wynonna would be great hosts...they both seem kinda kickass fun!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

This year we don't seem to have a one note novelty act. All the contestants are really talented. I think a lot of them will end up with recording contracts. Melanie really did pull off a Martina McBride song which as Phil Vasser said is no mean feat. Plus, she's well really, really smoking. It's a little hard not to notice. I'd kill to have a body like that. I liked Chris's story about being a scrawny little nerd with a mullet for a long time. I also thought his beat to the hell cowboy hat was cute. He has a much more traditional deep country voice than a lot of the contestants. It takes me back to my days growing up when my dad forced us to listen to Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Bobby Bare, Hoyt Axton and Patsy Cline on long family car trips. I thought Matt was so gorgeous he could have warbled any crap and I wouldn't have cared.

I wish someone would make the judges on American Idol watch Anastasia and Phil judge. They actually give constructive comments.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I really liked Casey Rivers. The only one that I had a problem stomaching was the yodeling girl. As well as the guy that was super shy. I don't have all their names down yet. I wasn't shocked with who was cut.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I thought this was a great start to Nashville Star, there is so much talent on the show this season. I love the new hosts, much better than last year. I don't have a favorite yet because so many of them did a great job, it will be interesting to see how some of them are able to handle some of the different themes thrown at them. I am really looking forward to this season.

to Nashville Star this season. I could not stand to watch last time but this year looks very promising. I'm reserving judgment on my top pick. Too many good ones to choose from.

Dunno about this season. I was a bit underwhelmed. Most of the guys sounded similar and I don't see anyone that brings anything unique to the table except the girl who got kicked off. Perhaps, when I hear their original stuff, I'll be able to form a more cogent opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast