+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prentiss Varnon

Prentiss Varnon - Finalist for Nashville Star

Prentiss has a website at http://www.bluelonely.com

However, it appears to be down right now, so I can't get a pic of him. Here's his bio, from his web site though:

Prentiss Varnon, born and raised in South Texas, is an accomplished singer-songwriter and guitarist performing throughout the Brush Country of Texas and beyond. The 1998 graduate of Uvalde High School began his singing and performing career at the tender age of 10 as lead singer of the Frio Aces, a 4-H Club group competing in district competitions. Prentiss continued to develop his singing and songwriting skills and it paid off by his winning Regional and District competitions to appear at State FFA Talent Review two years in a row.

After high school, Prentiss added to his wide range of musical and acting talents by performing at “Alamo Village, Movie Set”, near Brackettville, Texas, internationally known for the John Wayne epic, The Alamo.

Not only has Prentiss graced the stages of festivals and dance halls of South Texas, he has been heard around the world on the syndicated radio broadcasts of “Humbletime”, Texas Songwriter’s Radio Showcase and the “Johnnie High Country Music Revue” in Arlington, Texas. Right now he is high on the international charts in Italy and The Netherlands. He has opened for some of the top acts in Country Music, such as The John Conlee Show” and Gary P. Nunn.

On a recent trip to Nashville, Prentiss had the privilege of singing center stage of “Tootsies”, a well-known watering hole for recording artists for more than 50 years. He has also appeared as the Featured Artist providing entertainment for the Miss Rodeo Texas, Miss Southwest Texas USA, and Miss Teen Texas USA pageants.

Owner of Annanee Music Publishing and General Partner of Prentiss Varnon, Ltd., Prentiss maintains professional affiliations with BMI™, Country Music Association of Texas, National Academy of Recording Artists, (Grammys), and the American Federation of Musicians.

Prentiss’ album, “Blue Lonely”, features original favorites such as “Acuña Boys Town”, “Corona Bar”, “When I Look At You Tonight” as well as new songs, “Blue Lonely”, and “Another Slow Dance”. His latest project includes a tour of Radio Stations throughout the Southwest. You will see and hear him perform on stage in Mc Dade, Llano, Mason, and more. ALSO, LISTEN FOR PRENTISS’ SONG, “I CAN’T BE WRONG WITH YOU” ON YOUR FAVORITE RADIO STATION and stay tuned for the next single, “Corona Bar”.

HOMETOWN/CURRENTLY RESIDES: Uvalde, TX

BIO: A young cowboy with a simple George Strait style of delivery, Prentiss works at the family-owned business, Cody’s Hat Shop, and as a part-time car salesman. Prentiss majored in Ranch and Farm Management at Southwest Texas Junior College.

QUOTE: "My music has a traditional country style influenced by Garth Brooks, George Strait, Dan Seals, and living on the Texas Border!!!"

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.bluelonely.com

Look at the size of that hat.

Great name for a Country singer if nothing else
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, it is a family-owned hat shop he works at. So you know he's wearing the merchandise.

Prentiss seemed rather lethargic in the first episode. I hope it's just that the editors picked boring Prentiss clips, because I don't like his chances if he's like that all the time.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

He bores the crap out of me. I hope he's gone soon. He had one of the weakest performances of the entire group.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I'm kind of relieved to hear you say that, Paulie. He seems to have a decent fan base, so I thought I was the only one who didn't "get" him.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I want him to leave at the beginning of the next show. He's got the charisma of a chest of drawers.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I think he'll be gone next time... Everyone else performed so good, and his just really stood out... or should I say... didn't stand out enough ...

The only one who can get away with standing straight up and down like that, just singing tune after tune, and still be awesome, is George Strait and Prentiss definitely is no G.S.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

With two people being eliminated per episode, he won't be around much longer. If the judges don't ax him, the audience will. The competition is too strong for him to make it any further. His performances are on the boring side, and it's hard to pick out the words he sings. I liked his final high note this week, but that's about it.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast