+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Arthur Martinez

I've liked his personality from the beginning, but this was the first week that I thought he gave a really strong performance. I hope he does get an opportunity to show us something really different. I would love to see his take on a rockin' song.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Sleeping with George W
    I thought the comment he made about the kids at the house "respecting" his relationship with his wife was really sweet. I have more than once wondered what Buddy and J.A.'s wives must think about them bunking in with some of these hot young chicks who are running around in their bikinis!

FORT Regular
    I really like this guy ALOT! And he finally showed a different side to his abilities last night, it was a great performance!

He seems like such a nice guy, a really decent person. I feel apologetic that I'm not sure he should be the final one standing! But I feel comforted with how much exposure these performers are getting, and am hopeful that even if Sony doesn't sign them, someone else will! He certainly deserves a big shot.

He is a super-nice guy with a nice voice and a great off-stage personality. I think he comes across as a bit too self-conscious in his performances, though, to make it all the way.
    Last edited by Paulie; 03-31-2003 at 11:01 AM.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Sleeping with George W

Oh .. forgot to say a few weeks back that the song J.A. sang, "When You Say Nothing At All," is a song that Mr. Eden sang to me when he was courting me. So, it's a sentinental favorite of mine.

And those of you on here who know me and know that song can also appreciate the double entendre, I'm sure!

I just don't see this guy winning it all. he is good but plain in my opinion. I bet he goes from an audience vote and not from the judges.

Eden, you rock! I love double entendres!

I really enjoy that song, too. Kudos to Mr. Eden for singing it to you. I think Mrs. Paulie would slap me if I tried to sing anything to her. Sentiment be damned, my singing voice is horrible!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I liked the jacket. I liked the song. His foot wiggling was a little annoying, but the butt wiggle at the end was kind of cute. I don't see John Arthur as the winner, but I hope the exposure brings him success. He's just so darn likable.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

What's your favorite JA Martinez performance so far?
    -Richard Brautigan

Sleeping with George W
    Definitely "When You Say Nothing At All."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast