+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miranda Lambert

Miranda Lambert - Finalist on Nashville Star

Miranda's web site is at http://www.mirandalambert.com

Here's a bio and photo from her web site:

Miranda has been singing most of her life, but began pursuing music as a career in April of 2000 when she entered the Tru-Value Talent Search. She performed two original songs and placed as a finalist. She also received the audience participation award. It was then that she decided the stage was the place for her. She attended a music seminar in Nashville in June 2000 and was show cased in Nashville's famed Printers Alley four times during the seminar. She was also featured numerous times on the Johnnie High Country Music Review in Arlington, Texas. In late summer 2000 Miranda headed to Nashville to cut her first CD of original songs. She learned guitar and began writing all her own material.

In November 2000, Miranda was chosen to attend a talent expo, MB EXPO, in Dallas. This expo showcased 300 people for acting, modeling and singing. Miranda was chosen as one of 12 to perform in the finale evening showcase. The more than 30 talent scouts included Disney, Kim Dawson Model and Talent, Sony Music Nashville, The Alexander Group of Nashville, and many more. Miranda received one of the largest call back sheets of the program with 18. She was interviewed by several agencies nationwide for various job opportunities. Miranda is currently represented by the Kim Dawson Agency of Dallas for model and acting assignments. She has been featured in TV commercials as well as a feature film "Slap Her, She's French" with Piper Perabo of Coyote Ugly.

In the spring of 2001 Miranda was a top contender for the young Tammy Wynette for the Ryman Auditorium's Broadway musical "Stand By Your Man - The Tammy Wynette Story."

Miranda then formed Texas Pride Band and began playing on the Texas Music Circuit. She has opened for Jack Ingram, Cory Morrow, Robert Earl Keen, Cooder Graw, Roger Creager, Django Walker, Rusty Weir and many others. Miranda released her first album "Miranda Lambert", in September 2001 and her first single debuted on Texas Music Chart in November 2001. "Texas Pride" stayed on the chart for three months. In February 2002 Miranda released her second single "Somebody Else" which was on the Texas Music Chart for 15 weeks.

In October 2002, Miranda was showcased at Billy Blocks Western Beat as well as the world famous Bluebird Cafe in Nashville (see pic). Also, KSCS and the Gypsy Tea Room featured Miranda for the official after party for The Dixie Chicks and Pat Green following thier concert at the State Fair of Texas. Miranda is currently on tour.

And this is her (on the left, of course):

HOMETOWN/CURRENTLY RESIDES: Lindale, TX

BIO: A young blonde Texas singer/songwriter, Miranda already has a strong following in the Dallas area, where she has been touring with her band.

QUOTE: "I consider myself a TRUE country singer/songwriter who stands on the vocal and attitudinal shoulders of Natalie Maines and George Jones."

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.mirandalambert.com

Sounds as though she's already enjoying some success with her singing career.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She's a cute girl. Her CD's are available from her website, along with plenty of very cute pictures of her. If the color pink hurts your eyes, you might want to wait until you can buy her CD in your local store.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

She is a hottie.

You are right though Zhora, they need to tone down the pink at that web site.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

We didn't hear enough of her singing voice to know just how talented she is, but the judges just adored her. I look forward to hearing her again.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I really enjoyed her song. Tough to be the one to kick everything off, but she handled the task very well. Kept the energy level up nicely. Very pretty girl, too. She was obviously nervous afterwards. Some of the things she said made no sense at all.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I can't decide if she's really talented or just really cute. I do want her to stick around, though, especially if they keep showing her climbing into the hot tub.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Sleeping with George W
    I think she's the "whole package." Looks, personality, voice, song-writing, musician. She ought to make it to at least the final four. I'd buy her CD.

I've really enjoyed her two performances so far, and she dresses really well for her acts.

I don't know much about her (or any of their) song-writing. When do we get to see that part?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast