+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Miranda Lambert

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CarlyL
    [B]The interaction I thought was strange/interesting last week was when it was down to the final two (Miranda/Brandon) and Nancy O'Dell was asking them both how they felt...and Miranda said (paraphrasing) "I'm so sad. I really like Brandon." It came off as if she was assuming that he was going home! It seemed really arrogant & presumptuous. Perhaps she meant it differently, or perhaps they really DID know ahead of time what the outcome would be & were just trying to make it seem to us as though it was a surprise??? I couldn't tell for sure. I watched a rerun of the show this week & still came away unsure...Nancy O'Dell seemed a bit flustered by Miranda's reaction & Brandon was standing there mouthing "I'm going home"...while Nancy was saying "how do you know that?" and Brandon was pointing to his head & saying "Oh, I know."

I guess I felt that if Miranda WAS presuming it was her staying and Brandon going home, it was presuming alot...because the voting lately on this show has been quite irregular and unpredictable!!! :rolleyes:

By then, I knew who was going home too. They were calling them male - female - male - female. They did it the previous week too. I got the impression that Brandon and Miranda had figured that out the same way I did. I was really freaking out last week with only Buddy and Brandi left and they had started out with Miranda -- think they may have learned from their predictability though and fooled me (pleasantly).

Sleeping with George W
    I'm gonna miss Miranda. That girl had better put out a CD soon, cause I want one!

Sleeping with George W
    On Miranda's Web site it says that she sings a duet with Buddy on his new CD. I can't wait to hear it!

Also, she says that she and John Arthur will be honored next week at the Texas State Capitol building in Austin for their positive representation of Texas in Nashville Star. Yay JAM and Miranda!

Sleeping with George W
    Good news folks ... Miranda got signed ... I think by Sony.

On Miranda's Web site it says that she sings a duet with Buddy on his new CD. I can't wait to hear it!
    The duet is awesome. I wrote an extremely quick cd review somewhere else, but the duet reminds me of the "old time" country music style, like Tammy Wynette/George Jones kind of style.

I'm glad she got signed by Sony, she'll definitely have a really great career, starting out so young.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Sleeping with George W
    Here's the confirmation of Miranda being signed by Sony. (also read elsewhere that she's the first addition to Sony's roster since John Grady took over the label and dropped nine acts from the previous administration, including Mark Chesnutt, Pam Tillis, Tammy Cochran and Billy Gilman.)

'Nashville Star' Winner Tops Country Chart
    Reuters
    Saturday, July 12, 2003; 7:29 PM
    By Phyllis Stark

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - "Nashville Star" winner Buddy Jewell's first album for Columbia Records debuts at No. 1 on the top Country Albums chart this week. The
    self-titled set, released July 1, sold about 52,000 copies in the period ended July 6, according to Nielsen
    SoundScan.

"This is when having a large family comes in handy," Jewell jokes. "I just hope they all know that they can't
    return their copies.

"Of course, I need to thank America for voting me 'Nashville Star,' because they got me here in the first
    place. I'm grateful that they have continued their support by going out and buying the album."

Jewell was the viewer-voted winner of the country talent series "Nashville Star," televised earlier this year
    on USA Network. The prize was a Sony Music Nashville recording contract.

USA announced July 8 that it will mount the nationwide contest again and air "Nashville Star 2" in
    first-quarter 2004.

Jewell's album features two of his fellow contestants from the show. He duets with second runner-up
    Miranda Lambert on the Merle Haggard song "Today I Started Loving You Again." Another of the show's
    finalists, Jamey Garner, plays harmonica on one track. Album producer Clint Black wrote the song "I Can't
    Get By" for the set.

Meanwhile, Sony has signed Lambert, who is managed by Dixie Chicks manager Simon Renshaw at the
    Firm. Lambert, 19, hails from Lindale, Texas.

Wow! I didn't realize Miranda was a Nashville Star before hitting it big.

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar
    Me neither!!! Wow. I guess I wasn't paying as much attention to that season as I thought.

Miranda was third place Season 1. She was pretty good, but I was rooting for Buddy from the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234