+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miranda Lambert

Sleeping with George W
    I thought she sang one of her original songs at her audition. But I could be wrong.

If the Dixie Chicks were smart, they'd snap her up to replace Natalie Maines.

She did a great job again this weekend.

I believe all of the contestants sang one original and one cover song at the regional finals, (episode 1). Next weekend is pop covers gone country, and the following week we will hear their originals. The week that we hear their originals will be the first week that the judges don't have any say in who goes home, it will be purely decided by the viewers.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

My goodness, Z. You are so knowledgeable about the show! We obviously picked the perfect recapper.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Newbie
    Miranda is already a country star! Sony snatch her up right now, or loss her to the hordes of record deals she will surly have coming her way! Tons of beauty and tons of talent. I will be really surpised if she doesn't win Nashville Star. I think she has the contest in the bag....She reminds me of a very young Dolly Parton, and Miranda is hot!

~Michiganlover~

FORT Regular
    I don't know. She is certainly talented, but reminds me far too much of Jewel. Rather bland. Sorry.

She's a very pretty young woman with a great deal of charisma. Her singing's pretty good, too. I could see her winning because many people will vote for her just to keep her beautiful smile around as long as possible. I hope that in that time, she sells me a little bit more on her singing talent and showmanship.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

She's just a little too cutesy to be my favorite. She's so young though, it's hard to fault her for that. I think I'll probably like her more when she's got 10 years more experience. She is talented though. It wouldn't devastate me if she won. Some of the others would probably find more success as "non-winners" anyway.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I would have agreed with you about the "cutesy" thing at the outset, Z. But I think she's matured over just the few weeks she's been on the show. Maybe it's being around other quality musicians. Maybe it's a by-product of being in this crucible. Not sure what it is, but she didn't really have my attention until this week. Well, OK, she had my attention during the hot tub scenes the week before, but you know what I mean.

What's your favorite Miranda performance so far?
    -Richard Brautigan

I think my favorite Miranda performance was Texas When I Die. She seemed very natural and had a great time with it. I thought it was funny the way that she interacted with Charlie during the song.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast