+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Buddy Jewell

Buddy Jewell - Finalist for Nashville Star

Buddy's web site is at http://www.buddyjewell.com

Here's a photo and bio from his web site:

Dreams come true. We’ve all heard that. So, after winning the Dallas regional ALABAMA June Jam Talent Search and a couple of wins as Male Vocalist Champion on Ed McMahon’s StarSearch, Buddy Jewell packed up his family and headed to Nashville to make his dream come true.

A native Arkansan, Buddy’s earliest recollection of music was associated with the radio in his parents’ old blue Dodge. "I must have been about four years old " recalls Buddy, "and I remember trying to look inside the radio dial, hoping to catch a glimpse of the "little people" that I thought lived in there! I figured there must have been at least 100 of them because of all those different voices and sounds coming out of that little box in the dashboard. And all the time, I was wondering how they got to be so small and wishing I could get in there with them. Talk about a vivid imagination!"

A few years later, Buddy put that vivid imagination to work. He bought his first guitar for $10 from a schoolmate. "My uncle Clyde taught me my first three chords and how to play "What A Friend We Have In Jesus". Buddy bought some song books with money he earned bagging groceries at the local supermarket, started writing his own songs and the rest as they say, is history.

Now, after paying his dues in dance halls and honky tonks from Dallas to Denver, Buddy knows what it takes to become one of the "little people in the radio". Since his arrival in Music City, Buddy has become one of the top vocalists in town, singing on nearly 3000 recordings to date. He has worked for the absolute best writers that Nashville, L.A. and New York have to offer including the likes of Don Schlitz, Carol Bayer Sager. Steve Seskin, Mark D. Sanders and the godfather of country tune-smiths, Harlan Howard

In 1999, Buddy was "the voice" behind country comedian Bill Engvall’s hit single and video "I’m A Cowboy". Buddy has gained the admiration and respect of such great artists as George Strait, Joe Diffie, Hal Ketchum and Alan Jackson, as well as country music legends George Jones, Bill Anderson and Porter Wagoner.

HOMETOWN: Osceola, AR

CURRENTLY RESIDES: Antioch, TN

BIO: This proud father of three is a professional demo singer who records hundreds of tracks a year for songwriters trying to sell their songs to performers. But somehow, Buddy has never achieved his own stardom, though he did win the "male vocalist" category twice in the televised talent competition Star Search back in 1993.

QUOTE: "I see myself as a combination of Kenny Rogers, Waylon Jennings and Jim Reeves, with a splash of Glenn Campbell and Ronnie Milsap on the side. I hope I get to hang around long enough to make it to the "originals" part of the series, because I think my own music gives people a better picture of the kind of entertainer I am."

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.buddyjewell.com

I'm sensing a mullet.
    I think it's a great idea that the show will have a section where the contestants sing original material.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think Buddy has both the best country name, and the best country "look" of the bunch.

The name is great.
    "That's Numberwang!"

If anyone is interested in a sneak peak of Buddy's musical talent, his website has sample MP3's and you can order CD's from him. Pretty slick.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

out of the guys, I was more impressed with him than any of the others. He is one that I am rooting for!
    "You are only as HAPPY, as your UNHAPPIEST child"

Originally posted by fluff
    I'm sensing a mullet.
    Fluff

This was my first thought about him. I did like him, though and I hope he goes far.

I love Buddy..... I love his look & his style & he sang really well. He reminds me of Travis Tritt what looks is concerned, but that's not exactly a minus..... :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

We only got to see such a short portion of his performance, it was hard to decide if I liked him or not. He seemed a little boring on stage. The back story of his demo singing career seemed really sad. I came away feeling more sorry for him than anything else.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast