+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Buddy Jewell

Yeah, that one really resonated with me, too. We just fought that battle a week or two ago. Now I can finally say that I've gone on the big boy potty, too.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Great call on the haircut. His performances are starting to bore me a little bit, though. I think the judges are liking him more and more, but I guess that no longer matters.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Sleeping with George W
    The haircut looks good, and so do the warmer colored clothes.

But ... I agree, he's starting to bore me too. And I'm glad Mr. Music Critic called him a coward for singing a song that was alread country. I still think he'll be in the final two or three.

He's bored me from the beginning. His one flash of originality came with Gimme Three Steps. I think hearing one of his original songs will either make or break his chances.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar

Buddy Jewell

I don't see how anyone could think that Buddy is boring. He delivers every song he tries with such confidence that he makes it look easy. To me, that's not boring, just entertaining!! It's nice to be able to just enjoy his music without worrying whether hes going to flub his songs or not. I like all the remaining contestants but LOVE Buddy. The original song he sang last night actually made me cry because it was so honest and came from his heart. He has a great voice and seems to be a great man!! Give me more of Buddy Jewell!

Originally posted by Zhora
    Oh, I forgot to mention how cute it was when they were talking about what they do to combat stress in the house. Buddy talked about staying in touch with his family and they showed a clip of him talking to his son, "you went on the big boy pottie?". Too cute.
    My first thought was, oh boy the kid will love this when he grows up...dad just told america he goes on the big boy pottie. I hope they recorded this so that they can show his future girlfriends when they come to visit.

Welcome to the site, breathless.

Obviously, everyone has different opinions of the performers. I thought Buddy fared pretty well this week, but overall, he hasn't really wowed me yet.

I look forward to hearing your further opinions on Buddy and the other performers down the stretch.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Thanks for the nice welcome, Paulie!!

All these people are so talented and each shines in his/her own way. Every week it gets harder to see one go. I can't help it, but Buddy just seems the most special to me and I hope he doesn't end up leaving early. He sure has invested a lot of years into his career and I hope he catches his big break with this show.

As others have said in this forum, I think the finalists will see a big bump in their career aspirations just by participating on the show and, in many cases, for lasting as long as they did. I don't think we've heard the last of many of the folks who won't ultimately wind up winning the whole thing.

Maybe in many ways...after having seen the contract in the "american idol" section of the FORT, that the contestants have to sign... maybe it's better NOT to win? I mean, of course they all want to win, but even if they don't.... opportunities could be just as great as the ones the winner gets, but they'll be free to choose...

I've been thinking about this, also because of the lawsuit Sony had with the Dixie chicks earlier this year (or was it last year) where it showed how much of the profits Sony get and how LITTLE the artist actually see of the money.

Obviously these people are all really really great at what they do and they most likely WILL be contacted by somebody after the show, just being in the show, and especially the ones that are left now, makes them stand out & they're already famous, but they won't be owned by Sony.

Don't know.... I still hope Buddy will win, but even if he doesn't, I do think he's got a career cut out for him as a singer/songwriter, beyond that of being a demo recording artist
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast