+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monique LeCompte - Season 4

Monique LeCompte - Season 4

Monique LeCompte is a California girl through and through, having grown up in Grand Terrace and currently residing just 25 miles west in Rancho Cucamonga. Like fellow Nashville Star contestant Jewels Hanson, Monique began singing at age 3 in church and competing/performing around the age of 6. Monique doesn't play any instruments well enough to "brag about" but she's looking to improve her guitar and piano playing in order to grow as an artist.
    When it comes to personal goals, Monique would be satisfied being a happy and good person regardless of where God leads her. If given the opportunity to be a world-renowned entertainer, Monique would use her music to help people around the world in any way that she could. She's personally been moved by many artists, most notably: Martina McBride, Vince Gill, Rascal Flats, Celine Dion and Michael Buble. When describing herself, Monique leaves the job to her friend Destine', who characterizes Monique as "Genuine and Electrifying!"

Fun Facts on Monique LeCompte:

What is your favorite TV show? Movie? book?
    TV Show: Viva La Bam, Friends, Will and Grace and I'm starting to get into Gilmore Girls. After working 16-hour days sometimes, I like to come home and watch all the shenanigans that Bam and his friends set up. It cracks me up and helps me get my mind off of my day so that I can relax and go to sleep. The other three shows are hilarious and so brilliantly written! I can't tell you how many times I have quoted lines from those shows!
    Movie: Forrest Gump, Liar Liar, The Lord of The Rings trilogy, all of the Harry Potter movies and Napoleon Dynamite. I can watch these movies hundreds of times and still laugh and cry the same way I did the first time I saw them!
    Book: The Bible and "The Four Agreements" by Don Luis Miguel.

What is the first album you ever purchased?
    Music has always been so prevalent in my house even as a child that I honestly don't remember a time without records, 8-tracks and cassette tapes being around. I do remember the first CD I bought or owned and it was Joey Lawrence's self-titled debut album. I totally loved the show "Blossom" and had the hugest crush on Joey so when he released an album I bought it. I still have it and admittedly still listen to it occasionally.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
    Rainbow sherbet, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Butterfinger Blizzards from Dairy Queen.

Hobbies outside of music?
    Spending time with family and friends. NASCAR (Nextel Cup Series ... Go Rusty! #2 ... please don't retire!) and American muscle car shows. Anything outdoors like going to the beach, hiking, going up to the mountains to play in the snow, etc... I really wanna try snowboarding sometime this year!

What is the worst job that you have ever had?
    Clothing retail! Needless to say, I hate folding and hanging up clothes now!

Celine Dion? Get thee off my tv.

She is a local girl for me...therefore she is my pick for the ladies by default
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Here is a website where you can hear Monique sing:

http://www.myspace.com/moniquechereelecompte

This girl has a really nice voice!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Here is a website where you can hear Monique sing:

http://www.myspace.com/moniquechereelecompte

This girl has a really nice voice!
    I agree...I liked her voice alot...it sounds like a radio friendly kind of voice!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread