+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jewels Hanson - Season 4

Jewels Hanson - Season 4

Jewels Hanson was born and raised in Fremont, California, but now calls herself a proud resident of Nashville, Tennessee. Singing has always been a part of Jewels' life. Her mother says she "came out singing" and Jewels' first public performance came at the age of 3 when she sang at church. When it comes to personal goals, Jewels sees the big picture of wanting to constantly grow and improve as a person, an artist and as a Christian.

Jewels is a quadruple threat on stage: vocals, piano, guitars and a mean cowbell! Her greatest musical influence is Travis Tritt. Jewels has been a fan of Travis' for a long time and would love the opportunity to meet him, let alone do an on-stage duet with him. Although, the USC alum might not want to let Travis know that her favorite song to sing karaoke with is "Copa Cabana" by Barry Manilow!

Fun Facts on Jewels Hanson:

Who is your hero?
    My brother Steve. He is an amazing role model, father and brother. He is absolutely the strongest, smartest, kindest, most giving man I know.

Describe your fantasy vacation:
    I would love to take a bunch of friends on a rafting trip down the Grand Canyon. Being on the river, having to work as a team and relying on each other through the rapids would be a really cool bonding experience. Plus, it would be so much fun! I love camping and the outdoors.

What is the first album you ever purchased?
    The soundtrack to "Annie"

What is your favorite food?
    A good steak, medium rare.

What are your turn-ons and turn-offs?
    Turn-ons: Matthew McConaughey, a good baseball game, talent, a great smile, chivalry.
    Turn-offs: Bad teeth, body odor, bad manners, dishonesty, insecurity.

I wonder if we will see a guest appearance by Travis Tritt if she makes it that far?

Anyone who loves Matthew gets a free pass from me
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Here are a couple of websites where you can hear Jewels:

http://www.jewelshanson.com/home.htm

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jewels/

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Sounds like and reminds me of a blonde Gretchen Wilson.......bet Jewels puts on a kickass show!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    I don't agree with her elimination last night. I thought her performance was dynamic.

I thought she had the weakest performance last night, it seemed too contrived like she was 'forcing' the whole redneck woman thing.

And we all know how dangerous it can be if you try to force a redneck woman!

+ Reply to Thread