+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 19th... show thoughts....

*SPOILERS* April 19th... show thoughts....

Okay a show of hands of who (besides me) was stunned to see Jayron being voted off....

I just knew it would have been Jason or Jody... but not once did I think Jayron was leaving!

But looking to the bright side... Jayron will end up with a deal anyway...
    Last edited by sher; 04-20-2005 at 12:20 AM.

i am SHOCKED. i thought that erika jo or jody were surely getting the boot. i always thought jason and jayron were shoo ins to the final 2. wow.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    I think Jason is going to win it all! And he deserves to. I don't want EJ to win! Maybe it's her age, but she just annoys the crap out of me! I know the people at her school and town are power voting to keep her in. I think he age is working for her because it's uniting the "youngsters" (lol inner grandma moment there) to unite and power vote. They're the ones likely to do that. Why else would Justin G have made it to the AI finals with Kelly Clarkson? They're not even in the same ballpark as far as talent!

Sadly, EJ could sneak up and win it because of the power voters, but my preference is definitely Jason!
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    I think Jason is going to win it all! And he deserves to. I don't want EJ to win! Maybe it's her age, but she just annoys the crap out of me!

Sadly, EJ could sneak up and win it because of the power voters, but my preference is definitely Jason!
    I agree with the aspect that her family and town folks did do their voting and she stayed. Its one of the reasons I knew she would not be leaving... I really thought it would be Jason.

Its the thing that I, in my own bias opinion, do not see him as being a great talent. Everytime he sings a well known song... he doesn't take it and make it his... he is minicking the sound of the original song. ( i hope that makes sense) He looks the part... has the whole cowboy thing down. But for me he lacks his own unique voice.

And its not that I am a big fan of Erika Jo... but there has been such an issue made about girls not winning and I just feel there is a huge push for her to... its the reason why I felt she would make it this far.

I like Jody and like his style... and appearantly his townfolk did some voting... but I am glad to see him make it... its nice to see someone unique make it to the last 3.

I am still stunned that Jayron left... but I known its all about being a popularity vote. Got to have the town folk call in! Yet I see him being the one out of this group actually getting on the radio with a single.

And how about Bret! You know its hard not to like him... and lord knows I own the "Best of Poison" cd... I like to see him and Phil back next season as judge's. They were the best one so far.

I had a feeling that Jayron would be gone. He hasn't been as vocally strong the last few weeks. I think Erika Jo will win it all.

I expect Erica Jo will win it, since they seem to be pushing for a girl and she can probably do the crossover thing they love better than Jason. Jason kind of bugs me too, he seems a little over the top good 'ol country boy to me. I'm glad Jody made it to the finals anyway!!! GO JODY!!!!

I was shocked to see Jody make it. I had an inkling he would just because he has an unusual style which is more "country" than pop (i.e., EJ).

As for Jayron, I started warming up to him the last few weeks but he blew it for me when he sang "The Dance". That is probably my favorite country song and he butchered it.

I'm torn between Eirka and Jason. I personally believe Jason is the truest country singer of the whole bunch, but something tells me Erika will carry the crossover crowd to victory.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I'm afraid you will turn out to be right Speed.

i cannot stand Erika Jo. she just bugs the crap outta me and i don't want her to win. i agree that jason is the truest country singer and believe him to be a true cowboy, but i think that gaby's right in that when he sings someone else's song, he sounds like the original singer. singing fireman last night, he sounded like george strait - mimics his style perfectly. that's not all bad, but it's not adding a unique voice to the country music industry either.

and speedy, i agree that jayron butchered the dance. slurred his words all together while singing it. and i love that song, too, so was sad to hear him do it so poorly. that being said, before last night, i thought he did a great job with all songs prior, even though i didn't really care for liza jane even when vince gill sang it.

so i think final three SHOULD have been the three guys. for the first time, i actually picked up the phone and voted several times for jody in hopes that it would help knock that sorry erika jo out of the final 2. the good news was that it was VERY difficult to get through for him. tons of busy signals... i hope he at least gets a record deal out of this. same for jayron. they are the 2 singers i'd like to see make it.

as far as bret michaels, i was a HUGE 80s glam rock band fan... saw poison in concert a couple of times... and unfortunately, i think bret has lost a lot of his voice. i like him, but i thought his performances last night was lacking - especially the country one.

i wanted to add one more thing. at the beginning of the show, anastasia pretty much told us the final 3 when she said to jason, "i know you think you've got this in the bag, but don't go out and buy a new truck just yet. erika jo has a great voice and jody has a unique style." she didn't even mention jayron...

btw, i hate anastasia. that being said, i did notice that she and sara evans look SO much alike.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast