+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite country artists?

Favorite country artists?

I'm assuming that most of you who follow Nashville Star are country music fans... (you'd think it would be a sure thing, but you just never know...)

I'm just curious as to who are your country favorites, outside of Nashville Star?

Personally, as you can see of my Nashville Star favorites (Buddy Jewell, George Canyon, Jason Meadows), I am a sucker for traditional cowboys & country music. My favorite country music artist is Clay Walker. I absolutely love his music & love to watch him in concerts and stuff, he's the best
    I'm also a big fan of Alan Jackson, George Strait, Clint Black, & Trick Pony & I love older country music artists like Kris Kristoffersen, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash & Dolly Parton. I like a lot of country music artists but I'm not too crazy about the "crossover" country music types, it's got to be 100% country.

Anyway, I love country music, I'd love to see who you guys listen to
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I also favor traditional country music, but I think these days I base it more on song than singer. I usually like stuff by George Strait, Alan Jackson, Trace Adkins. But then I also like Big & Rich

Love the older stuff too, Johnny Cash, Kristofferson, Loretta Lynn, etc.

HUGE fan of the relative oldies: George Strait, Randy Travis, Clay Walker, Vince Gill, Billy Dean, and Tim McGraw.... but also some fabulous bands like Restless Heart, Blackhawk, and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Female singers like Faith Hill, Alison Krauss, and Dolly Parton.

Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie
    I am not as much into the traditional country but I will have to agree on Clay Walker (absolutely love him) Hypnotize the Moon is one of my all time favorites.
    I would say I lean more towards artists like Keith Urban, Tim McCraw, and Toby Keith. For females I like Faith Hill and Mindy McCready. For bands/groups I would say Lonestar and Dixie Chics. And I absolutely love the up and coming Billy Currington.
    Right now in the competition I am fond of all of them but I would say Jayron Weaver is my favorite.
    Up until last week I was voting for Justin.

jayron is SO good, gordnas24. welcome to the site!

it's funny... i don't listen to country much anymore, though recently i did purchase a keith urban cd and a rascal flatts cd.

i used to listen to it back in the day with a little more frequency. i love george strait, garth brooks, alan jackson, brooks & dunn, billy dean, tracy lawrence, clint black, etc... all the ones that were popular in the early 90s (other than george who's been around WAY longer than that.)

in the female arena, i'm not really a huge fan of any of them. every now and again i'll like a song by a woman, but not so much so that i'd buy her cd. though i do love leann rimes voice...

I like pretty much everyone that's been mentioned. I grew up with Willie, Don Williams, George Jones, and Patsy Cline. To add to those already mentioned I love Pam Tillis, Patty Loveless, Keith Whitley, Emmy Lou Harris, Lyle Lovett, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Hal Ketchum.

ooh love lyle lovett. LOVE LOVE him.

FORT Newbie
    Thanks sher!

I will have to say I really don't listen to country much anymore because I got a Satellite Radio for Christmas so I tend to tune into the 80's since it was the music I grew up with.

But I just have to add and how could I forget - Josh Gracin (up until this year my all time favorite American Idol finalist)

FORT Fan
    I don't often listen to country music. But, from what I have heard... I like Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks.

In the day... I loved Kenny Rogers.

oh yeah, back when i was a kid, i had records - and by records i do indeed mean vinyl - of kenny rogers and alabama. i loved kenny rogers.

and gordnas, i, too, would be tuned into all 80s all the time if i had satellite radio.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast