+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April 5 Show Thoughts

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Tamika and Jenny were my favorites. I'm done voting for the season now.

I cannot see Justin or Jody winning, which leaves Erica Jo, Jason and Jayron.

I don't want EricaJo to win, something about her leaves me cold (this coming from someone who voted like crazy for Diana DeGarmo) I don't know what it is.

I like Jason a lot, but his voice is nowhere near the strongest in this competition. This would be a personality pick.

Jayron would be my favorite, but I agree with Anastasia that he's probably in the wrong niche with this competition. He could do both, but this competition is more about country than Christian.

Go Jayron! I guess.
    Could does not mean should

Actually, I would buy Jody's CD. I don't think I can say that of any of the others. I like rockabilly!

Personally, I think country has become too much like pop music and I like Jody's style. I would buy his cd, in a minute. I feel Jason and Erika Jo are too much like the others already out there and I am not interested. Jayron has a beautiful voice, but I agree with Aceon, he doesn't show much versatility. Veronica is right, Jayron could do country or christian, and many of today's country stars have christian themed songs so why couldn't he do both in the country genre. I have to say, I want Jody to win, I love his vibratto and style.

Jody is my favorite, I love his rockabilly stuff!
    He does have a 5 or 6 song CD available for sale on his website, for the other Jody fans out there

Show from April 12-2005

I did not want to start a new thread... so this about the show from April 12th...

Who exactly is Jamie O'Neal? I have never heard her music on the Dallas radio stations... I much rather had Bret get back on stage and sing a little more.

Then I could not decide if Sara Evans was pregnant or not... what is it with the women and those low rider jeans? Do they not own a mirror? She stood there with her stomach hanging all out looking real thick in the waist. (just a hint: burn those jeans!) She is not a big girl but she looked bad in that outfit. But it was nice to have her host...

I was happy to see Justin leave... bye-bye greasy hair boy...

I was not impress with Erika Jo song choice this week. I always hated that song... (black velvet) Mr. Meadows picked the wrong song too.. he sounded too flat. Not a rich enough voice to pull off that song.

But Jayron & Jody did the best of the 4. I still feel Jayron has the best voice... Jody has the best over all entertaining value... and Mr. Meadows.... he looks the part... but I don't see him winning this...

April 12

I think that it is between Jody and Erika Jo this week to be the one to go and I honestly hope that it is Erika Jo.

Sara Evans was not a good host, in my opinion, maybe I am being too harsh but it seemed like she relied on the prompter way too much and couldn't convey much spark.

I think that is between Jayron and Jason for the win.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I think that it is between Jody and Erika Jo this week to be the one to go and I honestly hope that it is Erika Jo.

Sara Evans was not a good host, in my opinion, maybe I am being too harsh but it seemed like she relied on the prompter way too much and couldn't convey much spark.

I think that is between Jayron and Jason for the win.
    I'm assuming Sara Evans was a last minute replacement. Given that, I thought she did a good job. Nothing like being thrown into the breach at the last moment.

I'll be shocked if anyone but Jody goes next week. According to the USA website, the finale in two weeks is 90 minutes. It's going to be interesting to see how the winner is decided this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I thought she was much better than LeAnn Rimes. But then I'm not too fond of Ms. Rimes as host to begin with

April 12th Show

I am also glad to see Justin go! He can really play the instruments but I think his singing and his opinion of himself needed some work.

I like all 4 of the remaining singers, but I think that Jayron, even though he has a great voice would be better suited to gospel music. To me he just dosen't have the stage presents that the other 3 do.

Jody, I think is my favorite at this point in time but it is because I like his style of music. With that being said I don't think there is much interest in Rockabilly music unfortunatly.

So that leaves Ericka Jo and Jason (which I think will be the final 2).

I, too, felt it was time for Justin to go. As a matter of fact, I was surprised he didn't go sooner with his 100% remark earlier this season. Especially when Tamika was slammed for her remarks about the younger folks in the contest. He was a great musician, but his vocals left me..bleh. I didn't feel his singing was up to par with any of the remaining or even with some who have already left.
    I am also a big Jody fan, however, I don't believe he is what the American public is looking for. I love his rockabilly style, but America is buying the popstar type country music now, and that is what I believe will reign true in the end. It is very difficult for me to say this, but I do believe he will leave next Tuesday.
    Then we are left with Erika Jo, Jayron, and Jason. I know there is a lovefest for Jason, but I agree with Anastasia...he is no different from the other male singers already out there right now.
    That leads me to Jayron and Erika Jo in the final. Between the two, I like Jayron better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast