+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I watch both this show and "The Starlet" (actually I tape them while I'm working along with Ellen and AI). I feel a little bit in the minority here!!! I can't believe how many people don't pay any attention to these great shows. Although, most people think I'm crazy for not paying any attention to TAR and Survivor, FF, and Lost. But they are not my thing. I expect people that watch AI to have some interest in Nashville Star, but I am so sadly mistaken, it's not even funny.

Anyway, I wish Justin David did go home. I only liked him the first week. I think he is outclassed in this competition and his attitude blows. That "apology" was very lame, and only made me dislike him more. I would have rather given another week's worth of NS to Casey.

My rankings of last night:

1. Jenny Farrell
    2. Jayron Weaver
    3. Tamika Tyler (yes, my favorite is in third)
    4. Jason Meadows
    5. Jody Evans
    6. Erica Jo
    7. Justin David
    Could does not mean should

I expect people that watch AI to have some interest in Nashville Star, but I am so sadly mistaken, it's not even funny.
    I'm with you Veronica. This is the country version of AI and country music is huuuge. I really thought it would have much more involvement.

1. Jenny Farrell
    2. Jayron Weaver
    3. Tamika Tyler (yes, my favorite is in third)
    4. Jason Meadows
    5. Jody Evans
    6. Erica Jo
    7. Justin David
    I agree with you on your list except I would Jody and Erika
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27
    I expect people that watch AI to have some interest in Nashville Star, but I am so sadly mistaken, it's not even funny.
    I watch both, and if I can judge by the AI board, most of them seem to hate country music.

There are a lot fewer people posing on here for NS than in the two previous seasons. I'm wondering if a lot of people have been turned off from watching because of the comments that it was going to be "less hayseed." and them switching hosts and judges?

I never thought the first two season were "hayseed" and I was pretty turned off by the comments. I also don't like it as much this year, I'm not as hooked on it. I tape it and watch it, so I don't do any voting, and the contestants aren't memorable to me like some of them were in the first two season. Not that they aren't talented, just none of them have struck a real cord with me.

I haven't watched last night's show yet, I have it taped. I actually came on here to see who got booted, and still don't know. I guess I'm glad, I'll wait til I actually watch it to find out

I kind of miss the challenges from last year. This year we only see their short intro clips before they perform and then see the performances. I actually like the new judges. Phil Vasser isn't hard to look at, Anastasia started giving some decent advice last night, and Bret is just plain amusing. He's like a big puppy dog who seems delighted to be back to his country upbringing and no longer singing heavy metal. I thought he was very endearing talking about listening to Charlie Rich with his dad last night. I'm really looking forward to original song night next week. It's what makes the show better than AI in my opinion.

First of all, I did not at all buy Justin's so-called "apology" today. I look at him and hear these words come out of his mouth saying "he's sorry" and "he's not like that", but what I SEE is an arrogant guy who really did mean what he said last week. To top it off... if he was to redeem himself, he should've gone out there today with the best performance of his life, but I agree with you guys above me, his performance was the worst today. I hope he's out next week, I can't stand to see more of him.

I was actually thinking about those challenges too this week, where did they go? I thought it was fun to watch the group do all these challenges each week and I miss that aspect of the show. Also, it seems they're in a hotel and not in a house this time, which is probably more convenient for sure for the show itself, but having that house and seeing how they all lived & bunked together kind of added a little something extra to the show.

I thought everyone (except for Justin) did a good job tonight actually. Erika Jo was a bit shaky but she saved herself in the end. I agree with the judges about Jason's pitch problems, but hopefully he'll redeem himself next week. He's still my favorite

It's so funny to watch Bret Michaels, he REALLY has a good time there he's sitting with the judges, singing, not caring if he's got the right words or not, just having a jolly ole good time. I love it. Looks to me that "he is home" in a way, and from what he said tonight about listening to Charlie Rich with his dad and stuff, I'd say he really is home.

Looking forward to next week, I think once Justin's out, it'll be hard to say who goes because I think the contestants are all really good this year.
    Last edited by Tigrazhia; 03-23-2005 at 01:18 PM.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

what bugged me about Justin's "apology" was that it was all "taken out of context...I never said that...it wasn't meant like that". Well, I have last week's episode on TiVo still as my friend is behind and he did say it, quite clearly. I don't see how else it could have been meant or what other context it could have been in other than "I would never say I don't have to work..." with the "I would never say" cut out. His justification was not convincing to me at all.

I was hoping he would go for his attitude, but was glad to see the person who did go go because she had the weakest performance last week and that's what they should be judged on. I'm hoping he goes next week as last night he was the weakest.

Tamika is still my favorite (with Jenny as a close second) and Jason is my favorite guy. Even though Tamika and Jason were a bit off last night, they were still good. Jayron was not a favorite early on, but he changed my opinion of him last night by breaking away from the Lonestar stuff. Guess that's my pick for final four!

Jody is not my style, but he is SO talented at what he does I can't help but like him. Erica Jo just annoys me to no end. If I just hear her sing and don't look at the tv, she's not too bad, sometimes quite good. There is just something about her that drives me nuts (it's the uncanny resemblence to the shrew that married hubby's best friend and ruined his life I'm sure!!...) Maybe its the beauty pageant aura about her too. The first time I saw her, I told hubby she looked like she was competing in a pageant rather than a singing competition before I knew her background.

My two cents...
    Last edited by Jamie5632; 03-23-2005 at 03:10 PM.

Still Tamika as my favourite...by a large gap.
    Erika Jo is a twit.
    And I guess I pay so little attention to Justin I don't remember what he said the previous week.
    I thought Jayron was painful.
    Jenny's pretty good.

Now my favorite girl is Jenny.

And I still like all the guys just not Justin. I did not buy his apology. And he needs to wash his hair.

Ohhhh the boy that has the rock-a-billy thing going on.... just think Dwight Yoakum.... Dwight is a great example of that same style. And I adore Dwight.

I still am not feeling it for the Tamika chick... and exactly what was she wearing? Then that the footage they showed proving she was the instigator about the age thing & being nasty... (how she was a better singer cause she was way older than the other girls.) All I wanted to say.... get over yourself. If you were "that" much better why are you slumming with these hopefuls....

I missed the show this week but I am glad to see the ones I like made it through.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I missed the show this week but I am glad to see the ones I like made it through.
    Finallly got a chance to watch the show, and I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with any of them, except Jody. Maybe it was song choice this week, I don't know? Anyway, I still think Justin is the weakest link, wouldn't mind seeing him voted off next week. Probably not going to happen though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast