+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miranda Lambert Comments?

Miranda Lambert Comments?

My local radio station was talking about Miranda making some comments about this season in an article that were not very nice....but I had to get out of the car and actually go to work before I could hear what she said....anyone know?

'What I saw is not something I'd be proud of'

'What I saw is not something I'd be proud of'

Nashville Star season one alum Miranda Lambert isn't exactly thrilled with the current and third season of the USA Network talent show that helped launch her career.

''I watched the second show,'' she said yesterday. ''I won't be watching it again.''

Miranda made her comments at lunch after an extended interview with Tennessean music writer Peter Cooper and me to talk about her new album, Kerosene, which is out today.

Miranda feels like her season of Nashville Star had diversity and love of music. Now, she says, Nashville Star with new host LeAnn Rimes, backstage reporter Cledus T. Judd and a new judges panel that includes Poison rocker Bret Michaels feels more like a schlocky reality show.

''Now it's, 'Who's cute? Who's young? Who's weird? Who has the flu?' It's not about the music. What I saw is definitely not something I'd be proud of, like I was proud when I was on the show.''

Show producer H.T. Owens yesterday had nothing but praise for Miranda and her talent. He added he's a bit confused.

''Her representatives had asked us to keep a space for her on the show this year numerous times, as recently as a week ago. Apparently we won't be accommodating that request,'' H.T. said.

''(The first) Nashville Star was an amazing season,'' he said. ''I think this year's Nashville Stars are as talented, if not more talented than we've ever had for musicianship and creative talent level.

''This year's show is a little more entertaining and a little more zesty, yes. But at the end of the day it's a TV show that's creating a life for an artist in a big way.

''We hope to have Miranda on soon. Maybe she should watch another show and get back to us.''
    http://tennessean.com/celebrities/archives/05/03/66954863.shtml?Element_ID=6695 4863

There's no way I'd ever want her on my show after she said that...

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    http://tennessean.com/celebrities/archives/05/03/66954863.shtml?Element_ID=6695 4863

There's no way I'd ever want her on my show after she said that...
    I acutally agree with her, but I don't think she was too smart to have said it. Kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.

I do feel there is some talent on this show, but it's not all about the contestants. There shouldn't be guest stars until there are less contestants, we should get to hear more than a snippet of a song. That's my main focus, I don't feel I can judge the talent level on 1 minute of singing.

I actually watched two shows to give it a chance. Unless I can get my VCR working so I can tape the remaining, I probably won't be watching any more either.

It's sad, because I was so addicted to the first season, and almost as addicted last season.

I agree that season 1 was more "quality" than the other two have been, but knowing that that's where she was able to get her talent spread out and known, you'd think she'd feel a little sense of gratitude by actually make an appearance on there (+ it would be good for her too, PR-wise....). Her comments are very unprofessional, I think she needs to work on that
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Also interesting that the one and only time I've seen a commercial for her new CD was last night during Nashville Star 3...you would think she would be a little more appreciative. The only reason I didn't change the station when that Charlie song first came on (its okay, but not something I would have sat through right away) was because I wanted to hear what "Miranda from NS" not "new artist Miranda Lambert" had released.

I agree season one was the best, but the show hasn't completely fallen apart, its just a little different. Once some of the people this year get voted off, there is a (small) group of really talented people. Year One was all talent except for one or two, Year two (to me) was awful except for one or two, I think this is more of a blend of talent than two, but not as good as one. I'm having trouble with the judges too. I've been a Bret fan since the first days of Poison and am very excited that he's "gone country". I think his comments are good and Anastacia's are good, but they don't come across as really helpful. Last night seemed a little closer to that, which is good for the contestants. And I'm dying to hear Phil say anything other than "wow, that was really great"!!

But I agree with Misty8723: cut some of the fluff out and let 'em sing!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    I acutally agree with her, but I don't think she was too smart to have said it. Kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.
    I kind of agree with her too, but like you said, it wasn't cool for her to say it. After all, would she even have a record out if she hadn't gotten a shot on NS? Maybe, maybe not.

A few things about the show this year come across as cheesy, imo. When LeAnn said to call the Burger King Have it your way hotline, I laughed out loud at the corniness.

+ Reply to Thread