+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Tamika Tyler

  1. #11
    KC CHIEFS FANATIC WakkaDakka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    One Arrowhead Drive
    Age
    53
    Posts
    409
    Tamika is obviously the best singer outta this group! It's only a matter of time before she wins.

  2. #12
    Staying Afloat speedbump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New England
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,952
    I agree. Besides the fact that she is smokin' hott, when I close my eyes I can honestly see her in a CMT video.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

  3. #13
    Cy Young 2010 Mariner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Waiting for Spring
    Posts
    16,924
    I can't believe she got eliminated this week. I hope someone signs her to a recording contract anyway. She was one of my favorites for sure. I wonder if singing a Bonnie Raitt song is what did her in.

  4. #14
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    6,275
    I was so shocked when the results were read. I hope to see her record something.

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey xmaskat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I can't believe she got eliminated this week. I hope someone signs her to a recording contract anyway. She was one of my favorites for sure. I wonder if singing a Bonnie Raitt song is what did her in.
    I think it was more of her attitude and actions that did her in vs. the song that she sang. The "meeting conflict" along with her attitude that she deserved this more than the younger contestants did not set well with the viewers obviously.

  6. #16
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    She just never came across as likeable to me. Then all of the sense of entitlement did in most of the viewing crowd, I'm certain.

    I saw in an article yesterday that she's complaining that the producers created the conflict scene in order to manipulate the viewers into voting her out. Much as I'd say on any reality show, the producers didn't put the words in her mouth, they just chose to air them on television. And, what reason would the producers have had for trying to manipulate the viewers to vote her out. Did they perhaps not like her for some reason????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,397
    Did anyone notice the look on her face when it was down to the final 3 and Jody's name was called? I'm sure she thought he was the one who was going to be voted off.

    I started off liking her, and she is talented, but she did start to grate on my nerves some. And the last song she sang wasn't even country.

  8. #18
    FORT Regular Jays_Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Did anyone notice the look on her face when it was down to the final 3 and Jody's name was called? I'm sure she thought he was the one who was going to be voted off.

    I started off liking her, and she is talented, but she did start to grate on my nerves some. And the last song she sang wasn't even country.
    Hahah I saw that too and it was soooooo funny. Then she tired to smile like umm what's going on here. I don't think he should have stayed when I haer him sing I think bar not Star
    SmiLeyGuRL

  9. #19
    FORT Fan reality77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    163
    Tamika should have never been voted off. I think why she was upset with the producers in because she said they tried to make it seem like she called the meeting where they were talking about the younger contestants when she did not do that all. She called a seperate meeting which was a prayer meeting because they were missing Christy. I think she would be a nice person in day to day life. I also think her vocals were exceptional. She'll be star one way or another.

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,397
    Quote Originally Posted by reality77
    Tamika should have never been voted off. I think why she was upset with the producers in because she said they tried to make it seem like she called the meeting where they were talking about the younger contestants when she did not do that all. She called a seperate meeting which was a prayer meeting because they were missing Christy. I think she would be a nice person in day to day life. I also think her vocals were exceptional. She'll be star one way or another.
    Personally, I think for whatever reason, they didn't want her to win, so tried to get the fans irritated with her by showing only those portions of the tape they wanted us to see. I don't recall them showing any other behind the scenes stuff. They did the same thing in the first season with one of the women, but it didn't work quite so well that time, it took a lot longer to get her voted off. I thought she was a good singer, and she started out being a favorite, but she actually started to bug me a bit, especially when she switched to a non country song. I was still surprised when she got voted off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.