+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jody Evans

jody did SO great last night! i was thrilled for him to make final 3 b/c as he stood there next to jody, you could tell he thought he was going home (as did i.)

Jody Evan--You've Got To Be Kidding!

How on earth has this guy made it this far? He's nothing but a Buddy Holly wannabe. Get a clue! Buddy Holly's been done already, and much better than this kid.

I can not for the life of me understand his appeal, or understand how he's lasted longer than others with so much more talent and raw singing power than he's got.

I was so disappointed to see him stay over Jayron. Jayron may be a tad mechanical in his movements, but his voice is so much better than Jody's.

Jody is incredibly one-dimensional, and can't seem to do anything outside the box of Buddy Holly/Elvis Presley genre.

Get a clue and vote this guy out!!!!!
    Have you hugged your pet today?

Quote Originally Posted by Porscheracer
    How on earth has this guy made it this far? He's nothing but a Buddy Holly wannabe. Get a clue! Buddy Holly's been done already, and much better than this kid.

I can not for the life of me understand his appeal, or understand how he's lasted longer than others with so much more talent and raw singing power than he's got.

I was so disappointed to see him stay over Jayron. Jayron may be a tad mechanical in his movements, but his voice is so much better than Jody's.

Jody is incredibly one-dimensional, and can't seem to do anything outside the box of Buddy Holly/Elvis Presley genre.

Get a clue and vote this guy out!!!!!
    It's all a matter of taste. I don't see Jody as a Buddy Holly wannabe, I see him as rockabilly, and dang good at it, which just doesn't happen to be in favor with Nashville these days.

I agree Jayron has a nice voice, and he seems like a big ol' teddy bear. I was surprised he was voted off. But he was pretty much the same week after week, and so was Jason. We have enough generic country/pop singers, I want to see someone unique and not afraid to go outside the "box."

So I say, GO JODY!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    It's all a matter of taste. I don't see Jody as a Buddy Holly wannabe, I see him as rockabilly, and dang good at it, which just doesn't happen to be in favor with Nashville these days.

I agree Jayron has a nice voice, and he seems like a big ol' teddy bear. I was surprised he was voted off. But he was pretty much the same week after week, and so was Jason. We have enough generic country/pop singers, I want to see someone unique and not afraid to go outside the "box."

So I say, GO JODY!
    You say, Jody's good at it? I don't think so, no matter what the music genre, Jody's voice just isn't good enough to make it. "Rockabilly"? Nonsense - it's a blatant rip-off of Buddy Holly, down to his attire and look.

You also comment that Jayron and Jason are the same week after week. Jody isn't? Be realistic! All Jody knows is his Buddy Holly impersonations - and that's not the same?...week after agonizing week?

If you want to see someone unique, that's not Jody! Unique would have been Buddy Holly, years ago. Someone patterning themselves exactly after Buddy Holly is not unique.
    Have you hugged your pet today?

FORT Newbie
    You say, Jody's good at it? I don't think so, no matter what the music genre, Jody's voice just isn't good enough to make it. "Rockabilly"? Nonsense - it's a blatant rip-off of Buddy Holly, down to his attire and look.

You also comment that Jayron and Jason are the same week after week. Jody isn't? Be realistic! All Jody knows is his Buddy Holly impersonations - and that's not the same?...week after agonizing week?

If you want to see someone unique, that's not Jody! Unique would have been Buddy Holly, years ago. Someone patterning themselves exactly after Buddy Holly is not unique.
    undefinedundefinedf
    Jody hasn't sang any buddy holly or elvis songs......the song he sang on the 19 th was a song he wrote(Jody) and He sent it to Dwight and Dwight made the song famous...it's so refreshing to have some new countty

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=owensv]undefinedundefinedf
    Jody hasn't sang any buddy holly or elvis songs......the song he sang on the 19 th was a song he wrote(Jody) and He sent it to Dwight Yokem and Dwight made the song famous...it's so refreshing to have some new country and I think Jody throws a nice spin into the mix ....You know I heard from a source here in Jody's hometown that Erika Jo asked Jody to prom ........how neat it that..........

To each their own taste. I like Jody. Is he the same? I guess, but it's fun and enjoyable, and he doesn't sound like anybody else on my radio right now. I don't think he sounds like either Buddy Holly or Elvis, or anyone else. He also keeps on singing the rockabilly (yes, it is) because that's what people want and that's what's getting him the votes.

It's just a reality show anyway. I say if you don't like a certain contestant, mute the tv or go for a snack break. It's not something we should be getting so worked up about

I doubt whoever wins will do that well, anyway. Buddy Jewel is sort of catching on a little bit (wouldn't call him superstar), haven't heard a thing about/from Brad Cotter, john Arthur martinez' CD hasn't caught on, George Canyon's CD hasn't caught on. I see Miranda Lambert is slowly making it up the CMT charts, but I haven't heard her on radio yet. Any of the other Nashville Stars from previous years have anything out I don't know about? It seems if you aren't cookie cutter these days, forget getting any airplay.

Rediculous!

First off I agree that everyone has thier own opinion. As for mine I LOVE Jody, he's great!!! He has ALOT more talent for writing and performing than some of the new artists do lol. And Jody did sing an Elvis song.. the last one he did, cause I know it's one of my favs. And I think he ROCKED it!!! AWESOME JOB! And who do you think sang "I fought the law" lol

I just saw everone in concert in Canada and I thought all the GUYS did AWESOME! I had a GREAT time!!! I got to meet them all backstage and you know they were all nice but Jody really was such a sweetheart!!! Love the guy and I hope he goes far! We need someone to bring back ROCK N ROLL!!! I'm down right SICK of what the Pop genre is turning into and I absolutly HATE alternative!

Well take care,
    Amanda

FORT Newbie
    jody rocks i'm still a fan even tho nashville 3 is over with and i voted for him all the way and proud of it.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post

So I say, GO JODY!

right on!!!! bonitagayle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123