+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bret Michaels, Judge

Bret Michaels, Judge

[IMG]images/img/bret_michaels.jpg[/IMG]

BRET MICHAELS will serve as a judge for Nashville Star, USA Network’s original grassroots talent search series to find the next country music superstar, which premieres its third season on Tuesday, March 1, 2005, from 10:00-11:00 PM (ET/PT) on USA Network.
    Michaels, Poison front man and primary singer/songwriter, and a life long juvenile diabetic, has survived 20 years in the entertainment business. He has not only sold over 22 million records and had fifteen top 40 singles. After nineteen years and twelve albums, he continues to sell out arenas and amphitheaters worldwide.

Michaels has produced and written for numerous artists, including Stevie Nicks, for whom Michaels wrote and produced the song, “Loves A Hard Game To Play.” The song was written for the “Timespace: The Best Of Stevie Nicks’ album”, which was certified platinum.

Michaels also formed a film production company with Charlie Sheen in which he wrote, directed and starred in several of the films. Michaels has had numerous television show appearances, including “Yes Dear” and “Martial Law” on CBS, “The Chris Isaak Show” on Showtime, and has co-hosted the syndicated entertainment news show “Access Hollywood” with Pat O’Brien and Shaun Robinson. He has appeared on VH-1’s “Rock Bodies” with Beyonce Knowles, made Spin Magazine’s “Top 100 Greatest Moments in Rock,” has appeared on the cover of Playgirl Magazine and has had his ten-acre Malibu Ranch featured on MTV’s “Cribs.”

Having always retained all of his publishing rights, Michaels has never been afraid to fight for what is his, even setting a legal precedent when he was able to stop a sexually explicit tape with then girlfriend Pamela Anderson from being distributed.

Recently, Michaels has appeared on the cover of Billboard Magazine for his new solo album “Freedom of Sound.” His Americana style has helped his first single entitled “All I Ever Needed” to cross from the rock to the country airplay charts. Michaels also completely funded his record label BMB Records, on which he will not only release his own solo album but which will also be home to new artists in the near future.

Um, Bret Michaels...from Poison? He is one of the last people I would have ever thought would judge a country competition. Oh well, maybe we will get lucky and he will still be hot. Eye candy is good.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I know when I think of country music, I think of Bret Michaels

At least I'll actually recognize one of the judges this time!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I know when I think of country music, I think of Bret Michaels

At least I'll actually recognize one of the judges this time!
    I think he will bring a good general knowledge of music to the table. I will be interested to see what he has to say about the contestents.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I think he will be interesting as a judge. He certainly is talented, so his comments and remarks should be spot on.

I agree. I think that they did a good job picking the judges this season. I wonder if another Buddy Jewell will emerge from this competition.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    I think he will bring a good general knowledge of music to the table. I will be interested to see what he has to say about the contestents.
    Oh how I wish someone would burn the hats Bret wears. I am starting to assume he must he bald to wear such ugly hats with a bandana! Maybe all that aqua-net from the 80's made his hair fall out?

But I do like him... and at least this time they have 2 judge's that known alittle about being sucessful... in a large way... dishing out the comments.

I didn't understand why they had him as a judge, but the more I see of him, the more I like him.

+ Reply to Thread