+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leann Rimes, Host

Leann Rimes, Host

LeAnn started singing at age 3, and has sold over 20 million records since. She was born August 28, 1982 in Jackson, Mississippi. By age 7, LeAnn made her stage debut in a Dallas musical production of "A Christmas Carol". Later, she would sing "The Star Spangled Banner" to open Dallas Cowboys football games. By age 11, LeAnn recorded her first album on an independent label only available in local stores in Dallas: "All That" which featured her signature song "Blue". This got the attention of Curb Records. In 1996, 14-year-old LeAnn recorded a major-label album. In 1997, LeAnn released "You Light Up My Life: Inspirational Songs" which debuted on 3 Billboard Magazine charts at the same time: Pop, Country, and Contemporary Christian (that had never been achieved before by a country singer). That year, LeAnn released "How Do I Live" which would set a record by staying #1 on Billboard Magazine's "Hot 100" chart for 69 weeks. LeAnn starred in the TV-movie Holiday in Your Heart (1997) (TV), based on a book which she had co-authored. Capping a great year for the 15-year-old LeAnn, she won an American Music Award, 2 Grammy awards, 3 Academy of Country Music Awards, and 4 Billboard Music Awards. In 1998, LeAnn won a Lone Star Film & Television Special Award for Rising Star Actress. In 1999, LeAnn released a namesake CD, offering her interpretations of 11 Country standards, including "Crazy" and "I Fall to Pieces" (originally recorded by Patsy Cline in 1960). LeAnn made a cameo in Coyote Ugly (2000) (the low budget movie that raked in big bucks) and she also recorded 4 Diane Warren songs, including "Can't Fight the Moonlight", for the movie soundtrack.

This might make for a tough season to watch. I can't stand her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    This might make for a tough season to watch. I can't stand her.
    You can't stand her? I think she is one of the best looking country stars and also very talented and exciting to see perform. I think she is going to bring a lot of energy to the show.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I am still in mourning that Nancy O'Dell won't be back.
    I am not a huge Lee Ann fan either. I heard from people that were at the Feb 10 taping of the 1st show which airs on March 1st that she did a fabulous job. So I am going to reserve judgement until I see her on the show. She certainly has knowledge of what it takes to make it in the business!

I absolutely LOVE Leann Rimes... she's adorable.

And... Coyote Ugly is going to be shown from 8-10 just before the premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I absolutely LOVE Leann Rimes... she's adorable.

And... Coyote Ugly is going to be shown from 8-10 just before the premiere.
    WOW! March 1st is going to be a great night of televison, Coyote Ugly and Nashville Star. I can't wait! I heard Montgomery Gentry is going to be on March 8th, is there a guest star the first night? Xmascat, did your friends at the taping say anything?

Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    Xmascat, did your friends at the taping say anything?
    They said that Jayron and Tamika are both really good along with Jody Evans! One of the contestants got sick and had to leave the stage during their song .
    During this interval, Brett and Phil got up and jammed with the band. They said that unfortunately that will not make the televised portion of the show. They were all very impressed with the job that LeeAnn did

I would have loved to see that Jam. Maybe we will get lucky and they will show it sometime on the show.

Benjamin Franklin.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to this show - I love LeAnn Rimes! I also LOVE Montgomery Gentry, so I can't wait to see them.

Montgomery Gentry is going to be great. They are playing on March 8th. The other gurest stars are going to be great also. I am looking forward to seeing the Charlie Daniels Band.

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast