+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Controversy?

Controversy?

I don't really know what to make of this, and I didn't hear it first hand, but... a friend of mine heard Billy Greenwood on a local radio station this morning. He supposedly said that he wasn't surprised Brad won, because George's single was horrible. He said Matt's single was good.

So...were the final results based on votes, or a combination of votes and how the single came out? Or what?

Not trying to stir anything up, Brad is clearly deserving...I'm just wondering what Billy might have meant and if anyone else heard him say anything like that.

I plan to download George's single to listen for myself. Can't do it now, because I don't have speakers on my computer here.

FORT Fogey
    Don't get to hear Billy, so I don't know about what he said. It may be interesting, but I'm sure there was no conspiracy here. Look at AI2, if the second place person is more marketable, then Sony would have just signed both 1st and 2nd place and put out both singles and let the fans decide. I would be interested to hear more about Billy's alledged comments....

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    Don't get to hear Billy, so I don't know about what he said. It may be interesting, but I'm sure there was no conspiracy here. Look at AI2, if the second place person is more marketable, then Sony would have just signed both 1st and 2nd place and put out both singles and let the fans decide. I would be interested to hear more about Billy's alledged comments....
    Like I said, I didn't hear it either, and the person who told me about it didn't even watch NS. If anybody did hear him, and knows what he really said, I'd be curious.

Obviously, I didn't hear Billy's comments all the way out here. However, I'm not surprised he said that. As I remember he said something on the show where the contestants first performed their original songs about not liking "A Good Day to Ride." Personally, I find it kind of catchy. The kind of song that is good for a roadtrip. I like Brad's songs a little more I will admit just because there is a little more to them, but I think there is room for both.

Maybe Billy was talking about their original material which they performed on the show which would be the single they would first put out. Maybe he thought that Brad's original song would make the best single in comparison to George's. Weird, because I thought that they each were very good in their own right.

Orrrrr... maybe upon listening to all three singles, he thought Brad's was the best among the bunch and because of that he made an opinion on who would be the best recording artist. There's just several different ways you can take what he said. When it comes down to it though, it's all a matter of taste. Although Brad was my personal favorite, I thought that both he and George were equally deserving.

I think the results were based on results and what Billy said was his opinion...nothing more nothing less.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Obviously, I didn't hear Billy's comments all the way out here. However, I'm not surprised he said that. As I remember he said something on the show where the contestants first performed their original songs about not liking "A Good Day to Ride." Personally, I find it kind of catchy. The kind of song that is good for a roadtrip. I like Brad's songs a little more I will admit just because there is a little more to them, but I think there is room for both.
    Except that the single they had George record was The Woman in My Head. I think Good Day to Ride would have been a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Except that the single they had George record was The Woman in My Head. I think Good Day to Ride would have been a better choice.
    Good point Misty. I hadn't thought about it but that has to be the case because he sang Good Day to Ride.

They are playing "Good Day to Ride" by George Canyon on the country radio stations here in Canada. I like the song, but I feel Brad Cotter is a better songwriter than George. That may had been what Billy meant, but since we don't get the radio station Billy was on, I wouldn't have the first clue what was said. I was pulling for George, because I love his voice, his presentation on the stage, honesty and his love for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I think the results were based on results and what Billy said was his opinion...nothing more nothing less.

That's what I think too, I'm sure he was spouting his own personal opinion, which is fine. The only effect the singles had on the outcome of the final was how the audience perceived them.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread