+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 5/1 Finale **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

LeeAnn..

Oh yeah, I just wanted to comment on the guest's performance last night. I thought it was awful. She was slurring. I was thinking maybe she had been drinking or something? I was also thinking how they must really mess with her vocals for recording if she really sounds like that. Did anyone see Lance in the audience last night? I don't recall the camera showing him!

Saabstree.....I was worried the whole hour that my power would go out! The good Lord musta been watching out for me cause it never went out! Where are you located?
    Aunt Sheila

"When you have been racing as long as I have, your butt tells you how fast you are going." Jeff Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by saabstress
    they were getting ready to announce the standings! I had heard it thundering for about 30 minutes prior to that..probably down the road in Auburn..ha. I live about 1 1/2 hours from there. I was soooo mad! I didn't get to see anyone's reaction or anything, and I have kept up with this show from day one!!! Stupid satellite. It did storm...maybe I can catch it on a rerun? Does anyone know when one might be?? I knew Brad would win. Good for him. I thought the show last night was great up until I lost the channel.
    From what I have notice... is the USA channel will rerun this show at least 3 times before thursday. So you will get a chance to see it all the way through... Cause I have been rewatching the other episodes after 10pm airing maybe on tuesday or wednesday night... And I plan on watching this one again.

As for the whole LeeAnn moment. She has been dressing goofy for a couple of years now. Actually anyone under the age of 25 in the entertainment business, dress just like her. Weird clothes that are not flattering. And don't you know 10 years from now she is gonna wanna die that she ever got photograph in them!

I also notice her voice did seem a little off... which I thought was a little weird. She is one of the few younger girl singers that can really sing and doesn't have rely on lip-syncing when she does TV ... *cough*britney spears*cough*

FORT Newbie

Hello "Aunt Sheila"

You are in the Opelike area? I live close to Villa Rica, GA. We get off on the LaGrange exit and come north to where we live when we are coming back from down your way. My parents are big Auburn fans...am a southern girl but lived out west for a long time, and now we are living in the boonies of west Georgia! Go figure. BTW...I am a songwriter/musician...and am currently trying to pitch songs. Making a trip to music city the end of June. May be attending a workshop there. Belong to NSAI. Brad is really talented...I wish him all the luck. Who knows? Maybe I can meet him one day?? (ha).
    And the storm the other night...totally made me mad. I was trying not to freak out, because my dog was nervous and I didn't want her to freak out! HA. And I kid you not...right when she was getting ready to announce the standing...(blank screen)..msg..Satellite signal lost..Please wait..well, it never came back..but the storm sure blew through..Later!Hey..I would love to keep in touch with you so you could keep me updated on Brad!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby

As for the whole LeeAnn moment. She has been dressing goofy for a couple of years now. Actually anyone under the age of 25 in the entertainment business, dress just like her. Weird clothes that are not flattering. And don't you know 10 years from now she is gonna wanna die that she ever got photograph in them!
    My husband's first comment when he saw Leann was a question whether Leann is pregnant, or why is she wearing maternity garments I thought Leann sounded good when she sang together with the Nashville stars, but then the quality of her singing dropped down when she did her solo number.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    My husband's first comment when he saw Leann was a question whether Leann is pregnant, or why is she wearing maternity garments I thought Leann sounded good when she sang together with the Nashville stars, but then the quality of her singing dropped down when she did her solo number.
    I'm glad you posted this Tirlittan. I had to FF through her performance of How Do I Live because she sounded so awful. Is her voice changing or was she trying too hard to sound like Trisha Yearwood?

I thought it was a bad choice, they should have found him his own song. That is so associated with Buddy, it's not fair to Brad, because he for sure is no Buddy Jewel.
    As you stated in another post, it's all a matter of opinion. Preferring traditional country is perfectly fine, but just because someone doesn't share the same style in performance as someone else, does not make him less of a vocalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    As you stated in another post, it's all a matter of opinion. Preferring traditional country is perfectly fine, but just because someone doesn't share the same style in performance as someone else, does not make him less of a vocalist.
    I agree, I'm just saying he should have his own signature song, not one that is so associated with Buddy. That song just doesn't suit Brad, IMO. I actually like Brad, in case I've given the impression otherwise. I'm not all that wild about ballads in general, but he can rock and I would rather see him going that route than mainstream country. Again, just my opinion.

[QUOTE Originally Posted by gabyAs for the whole LeeAnn moment. She has been dressing goofy for a couple of years now. Actually anyone under the age of 25 in the entertainment business, dress just like her. Weird clothes that are not flattering. And don't you know 10 years from now she is gonna wanna die that she ever got photograph in them! ]

Yeah and hopefully someone will play the show back to her and let her see how lowsy she was at singing. She sounded very slurry, as if she forgotten the words to the song. I always wondered how come rich people never dressed well, and sometimes trends and fashions aren't always flattering to some.

Oh, and I have to completely agree with all the comments regarding LeeAnn's phrasing (or lack there-of). Part of me believes that she's trying to shed the little girl image and searching for her own signature mature style. Ummmmm... that wasn't it. She sounded like she had mucous in the back of her throat and a mouth full of novacain. Blech.

+ Reply to Thread