+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Final outcome - Just a thought

I don't think US and Canada voting is at all that cut and dry.
    As a Canadian who voted for Brad, I'm very glad he won!
    I never vote for a person's country, I vote for who I like.
    I'm oh so un-Canadian....whatever.

I only watched about the last 6 episodes of this show, and I've never seen more than 3 episodes of American Idol in all of its seasons.
    The result of this show is why.... you can watch early on, pick the most commercial performer, and there's your winner.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I don't think Tracy was wrong in telling Matt he needed to "Buckle down and get more serious, because it was getting down to the end." She liked him and was giving him good advice. She's in the business and was just giving him good sound advice. I am an American living in Canada, and if I could had voted it would had been for George. I don't think that makes me so un-American... lol If I were to vote, it would had been for who I felt was more talented. I was not disappointed that Brad won last night. The guy has got the talent and the voice and was very deserving of the award. I know George will get signed by someone too.

Quote Originally Posted by pidge
    I don't think US and Canada voting is at all that cut and dry.
    As a Canadian who voted for Brad, I'm very glad he won!
    I never vote for a person's country, I vote for who I like.
    I'm oh so un-Canadian....whatever.
    As an American who voted for George, I agree with you. I voted for who I liked best, who cares what country he's from?

I don't think you could be considered "un-Canadian" either. It's supposed to be who you like vocally. It's not about supporting your country in a case like this. Besides, George has secured himself a spot in the country music industry.

The quote at the beginning of last season regarding Buddy Jewell was that he was "a PR person's worst nightmare" so he was far from commercial. But anyone you talked to locally knew his name. I think speculation was that they would go commercial with Miranda, who now of course has been signed to Sony.

FORT Fogey
    I'm sorry - I watched, I listened, and when it came down to it, I still thought George didn't come close to Brad's talent. George has a deep voice and a country twange, but his range and the strength of his voice as not even close to Brad's. I hope we see Matt again soon, though....

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    I'm sorry - I watched, I listened, and when it came down to it, I still thought George didn't come close to Brad's talent. George has a deep voice and a country twange, but his range and the strength of his voice as not even close to Brad's. I hope we see Matt again soon, though....
    As with everything in life, it's entirely subjective. I happened to like George's voice better than Brad's. If I wanted to listen to rock, I might go for Brad, but he just does not sound country to me. I would also listen to Lance before I would Brad. Just my taste in country music. Range is irrelevant if you don't like the total package, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234