+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final outcome - Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    Both of my parents were country musicians. My brother is a country musician. I was raised on the influences of my parents, their peers (one of them being Waylon), and a house full of music from traditional country influences. Being also taking various styles of dance for 15 years (Jazz, tap, classical ballet, etc.), I also had the influences of jazz, classical, disco, blues, top 20, etc. There isn't any genre in which I can't find something that I enjoy. Maybe not all of that genre, and more of some than others, but at least something.

As I posted in another forum, I enjoy versitile artists. Those truly talented to be able to sing one genre while letting their influences for others show in their style. I truly enjoy traditional country as well as the new contemporary country... there's room for both. If you look at Brad Cotter's bio, you'll notice that among his influences are Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, and Waylon. Also included are Otis Redding, Eric Clapton, and Percy Sledge. I'm a "country person", and I prefer Brad because his vocal quality and tone appeal to me more than the other contestants. Yes, the Nashville Star should be a country artist, but that doesn't mean that's all he has to be.
    My point was that Brad appeals to more people than (for example) Lance because his sound is not old-style country.

I too like a diverse collection of musical styles incluidng all of the genres you mentioned and more, like pop and rock from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and more exotic stuff (like bagpipes). I also think Brad has a lot of talent, a great voice, and he can work the stage better than any of the other contestants. However, he just doesn't stand out to me. Much of modern country music bores me, and many of Brad's performances bored me. That's my opinion, nobody else's, I'm not pushing it on anybody else, just stating what I feel. Brad is the ideal winner of a show like this because he appeals to country fans and non-country fans; therefore, he will sell many more records than someone like Lance would. Which, of course, is the purpose of the show to begin with.

I am pulling for George Canyon. He is gotten better each week. Brad is a good choice too. Love to hear him sing and he can play the guitar and keyboard. I really didn't think Matt belonged in the top 3 and was really surprise to see him survive another week. Lance Miller and Jennifer Hicks have more talent than him. However, Matt will find a way to make it in the business even if he doesn't win the contest, because there is room for comedy in the country music industry, and he does have that going for him.

I like a lot of different music too; in fact I'm not even a big country fan. But when I do listen to country, I want it to be, well, REAL country. Brad reminds me of those 'entertainers' at theme parks who might, during the course of a show, sing a country song, a rock song, a soul song and a 50's song, and manage to make 'em all sound the same. It's too bad that crap is what's selling now in all genres of music, because it's being pushed on us by record companies that want to make the maximum amount of money from the artists they give contracts to.
    I guess if I had to choose, I'd like to see George win; although Brad probably will win, because of the commercial aspect.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

From my understanding, just through reading various boards, George has a video that has played on CMT Canada and a single currently playing on Canadian radio - which is probably reaching a little over into the borders of the US. So I don't know that he would necessarily need the publicity push that an NS win would give him. I think it would be more beneficial to someone like Brad to have that momentum from the show publicity wise.

Not sure what Sony would do with Matt, Tracy might pull her hair out trying to figure it out. Several years ago, I was riding in the car with my (at the time) boyfriend and I heard that Leroy Troy was coming on. I was all excited and said "you've got to hear this guy, he's great." After he came on, he looked at me and said "I don't get it." It was then that I realized he was a visual - but now everyone can see him in the Marty Stuart "If It Ain't There Oughta Be" video. Leroy made a career for himself with it and so can Matt. (Oh for those interested, Leroy is the one with the banjo in the video during select scenes).

Even though Jen wasn't in the group last week I still found myself torn at the end there when it came down to Lance or Brad knowing that they'd both worked for so long towards this type of opportunity. I'll probably be the same way this Saturday.

FORT Newbie

Votes are in George's favor

This is just from an inside scoop at Sony but the votes between George and Brad have been so spread out (more in favor for George) that he is expected to win- although I wish Brad would. I won't believe any "scoops" until I see the show Saturday night. I was on the front row of "the best shot" episode- it was awesome.

And see, I've heard that they're close....so you never can tell. I'm like you though, I'll believe it when I see it. One thing too that was "out there" was a request that if Brad was eliminated that his fans vote for Lance and vice versa. So Brad could've picked up more from that too.

One thing I have wondered though is how many people just stopped voting after their person was eliminated or if they shifted their votes to someone else. I've heard them say that 2.4 million people is the average rating, but then they said that they're getting 2 million votes - which with multiple voting means that a lot of folks aren't even bothering. It blew my mind when I realized that each of those guys still there would've gotten in excess of 500,000 votes each! Can't even imagine the amount that AI generates with their ratings of what 24 million per week?

I'm pulling for Brad, if nothing more than to see what might come out of his keyboard for himself and for other artists.

Brad really can play the keyboard. I love to listen to him too. It's been hard for me picking between him and George. Either would be a great pick for the next Nashville Star.

No! Matt cannot win. Matt cannot win. Bite your tongue.

I think it would be hilarious if Matt won. Maybe that would teach Tracy not to be so negative about a contestants chances. That makes the masses mobilize behind what they perceive to be the underdog.

I think it will be close between Brad and George, though.

John Arthur Martinez was on GAC last night. He said he thought it would be Brad because George is from Canada and the Canadians can only vote by email and the Americans will be behind Brad. Dunno...I voted many times for George in this competition. I guess we will see in about an hour.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast