+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final outcome - Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I don't like Brad... he is talented and all, but he seems very bland, middle of the road, and, well too "pop/crossover" to me. But, I figure he'll win for the very reasons I don't like him. I really don't like the newer country music that much anyway, I prefer George Jones, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, etc. That's probably why I prefer George ... Matt I like because he makes me laugh, and I agree with him that America's ready for another "fun" country performer (kinda like Ray Stevens or Jerry Reed)

My feelings exactly. But I read a comment from Tracy on the official Nashville Star site that they want someone to win who will appeal to the largest majority of people who didn't watch the show, so the show can continue. Since Brad blends right in to what's out there now, I guess that would be him. She also stated that she believes the trend is slowly swinging back around to more traditional country, which makes me quite happy. I guess if Brad winning will get us another season of Nashville Star, I can live with that.

FORT Fogey
    I am liking the trend of swinging back to more traditional stuff. Long overdue, IMO. I really like all three, George is still my top pick, although I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if Brad won. Matt appeals to me because he just seems to genuinely approach performing as something fun--he seems to just enjoy the music. I have to agree with QueenB somewhat--it would be nice to have another "fun" country music performer. I always liked Ray Stevens!

I have been a fan of George's from the beginning and hope to see him win. I also think that Matt is an artist in his own right, just not the type that they had in mind for this particular show, but see no reason why he should not be in the finals. I do have to say that I was very surprised to see Lance eliminated last week.

Go George Canyon!!!!
    If you see the obstacles in your path then you have taken your eyes off of the goal!

I ran into this show midway. I love music competitions so I started watching it. I don't buy or listen to country music but really enjoyed the performances. But when it got down to the reality of it all I really like Brad. When he sat at the keyboards and played that song he wrote it got me thinking that I would buy his CD.

Quote Originally Posted by djbee
    I think Lances voting block will go for Brad..making Brad the winner.
    I doubt it...two very different styles. I would have voted for Lance, but not for Brad. I was between Lance and George. But I think Brad will win anyway, because he's more mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexx
    I ran into this show midway. I love music competitions so I started watching it. I don't buy or listen to country music but really enjoyed the performances. But when it got down to the reality of it all I really like Brad. When he sat at the keyboards and played that song he wrote it got me thinking that I would buy his CD.
    That's why I think Brad will win...he appeals to non-country people.

FORT Regular
    At least the top 3 last year were country. Brad really does not sound country to me.

FORT Regular
    Plus I don't like the idea of another Demo singer winning again this year. Why have NS at all? Find a demo singer , give them publicity, and wala......

That's why I think Brad will win...he appeals to non-country people.
    Both of my parents were country musicians. My brother is a country musician. I was raised on the influences of my parents, their peers (one of them being Waylon), and a house full of music from traditional country influences. Being also taking various styles of dance for 15 years (Jazz, tap, classical ballet, etc.), I also had the influences of jazz, classical, disco, blues, top 20, etc. There isn't any genre in which I can't find something that I enjoy. Maybe not all of that genre, and more of some than others, but at least something.

As I posted in another forum, I enjoy versitile artists. Those truly talented to be able to sing one genre while letting their influences for others show in their style. I truly enjoy traditional country as well as the new contemporary country... there's room for both. If you look at Brad Cotter's bio, you'll notice that among his influences are Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, and Waylon. Also included are Otis Redding, Eric Clapton, and Percy Sledge. I'm a "country person", and I prefer Brad because his vocal quality and tone appeal to me more than the other contestants. Yes, the Nashville Star should be a country artist, but that doesn't mean that's all he has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Um, clear to you maybe. It's all a matter of taste. I prefer George (and Lance) to Brad.

Matt is getting votes on his own merit. I know people who just love him, and have been voting for him all along.

I am a big Lance fan and then George, then Matt, then Brad.
    Fantasia sounds like Donald Duck on helium...

Funniest thing I have heard in a LONG time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast