+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 4/24 episode **spoilers**

I had planned to vote for George, but Brad's last song last night won me over. (sorry, Wynd)
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

lol nothing to be sorry about, that's why the people vote cause we all have different opinions

Now all we can do is twiddle our thumbs until Saturday... *sigh* What to do in the meantime ...........
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by ginger069
    Then please vote for Brad as many times as you can. They say they are not limiting phone votes and I have voted a number of times online with no reached your limit warning. So vote Brad as long as you can till time expires. Going back to vote more now.
    The whole voting idea is a crock. This is not a voting process, not in the least. In a vote, everyone's opinion counts equally. But in THIS setup, the results have nothing to do with majority opinion. They simply have to do with whoever has attracted the greatest number of crazies who will sit by a phone for 3 hours and re-dial.

I'm sure this is the wrong group of people to be asking this, but don't you guys think there could be a more fair, democratic way to choose a winner? A way that would TRULY result in the MAJORITY opinion?

If your favorite guy wins, wouldn't it be a more satisfying win to you if you knew he was actually the majority's favorite, rather than the person who just had the most obsessed fans?

I only voted one week of this competition. Once I realized it wasn't a true voting process at all, I just bagged the idea. However, I would've cast my ONE vote weekly if every person who voted had an equal voice.

Obviously there is somebody in the production line who gains financially by luring people to cast multiple votes, but I'm not sure who, except for telephone companies.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    The whole voting idea is a crock. This is not a voting process, not in the least. In a vote, everyone's opinion counts equally. But in THIS setup, the results have nothing to do with majority opinion. They simply have to do with whoever has attracted the greatest number of crazies who will sit by a phone for 3 hours and re-dial.

I'm sure this is the wrong group of people to be asking this, but don't you guys think there could be a more fair, democratic way to choose a winner? A way that would TRULY result in the MAJORITY opinion?

If your favorite guy wins, wouldn't it be a more satisfying win to you if you knew he was actually the majority's favorite, rather than the person who just had the most obsessed fans? .
    I agree it's not the most fair way of chosing a winner. I would be interested in what you would propose they change it to? I thought the voting was supposed to be limited to 10 votes per phone line, not as many times as you can vote in 3 hours, but I have no idea how they tell when you've reached your 10. I quit dialing after I logged 10, but maybe I'm just being naive.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Obviously there is somebody in the production line who gains financially by luring people to cast multiple votes, but I'm not sure who, except for telephone companies.
    I was thinking they may encourage multiple voting to ensure fan loyalty to the eventual winner. As in, I sat on the phone for three hours so this guy would win, I'm going out to buy his CD and see him in concert.

FORT Fan
    Until the finals you could only vote 10 times on phone and 10 times online. So it was pretty fair till this week. For the finals they changed it to unlimited voting. I don't know why though.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    Until the finals you could only vote 10 times on phone and 10 times online. So it was pretty fair till this week. For the finals they changed it to unlimited voting. I don't know why though.
    When did they say that, I missed it. I voted my 10 times then quit. Guess if my guy loses it will be my fault

Just what I heard... A Verizon rep from around here reported to our local newspaper that there was a very small chance that NS could have put a block on calls after ten. Probably they were just telling people that so that they didn't sit and put in hundreds of votes for their favorite after every show. I guess that was NS's way of making it more fair by having us believe no votes counted over ten.

Then again, I could be wrong since it didn't help Lance.

I think you also get to where you feel guilty if you don't vote more than the 10 because you realize that other people are. I've called survey call-ins where they've told me that I've met my 5 call limit or whatever for the week and to try back the following week if I had more entries. Plus it would only allow calls from a residential phone, not a cell phone (which I think is extreme since some use these for home phones) or an office phone. It told you to go to a residential phone and then call. NS could do the same thing to limit this thing. I don't think they should take away the cell phone option, but at least limit the calls from each number. And if this cookie thing with the online voting is an issue, then they need to fix that as well to be fair to everyone.

Plus if people are getting busy signals, is it people voting whose votes are over 10 and aren't going to count anyway that are blocking valid votes to get through?

All 11 contestants will be there Saturday!!!

Somebody asked something on one of these 6 pages about the finale from 2003 - I happened across the tape from last year the other day...major feat to happen to find that!....so here's what happened then....as briefly :rolleyes as I can make it.

Clint Black, Trace & Rhonda Adkins, and the three finalists (Buddy Jewell, John Arthur Martinez and Miranda Lambert) all walked the red carpet met Nancy O'Dell for interviews. They apparently do this more in advance of the show starting than it appears.

Then BJ, JAM, and ML all performed "Next Big Thing" (Vince Gill). Halfway through, Miranda said that she had a surprise and called out the other 9 finalists. They came from each side of the stage sharing mikes so no solos - but Jamey did get a harmonica solo.

John Arthur did a duet with Clint Black, Buddy with Trace Adkins and then Miranda with JoDee Messina. The Judges got their turn to be judged by the 3 finalists - Charlie Robison sang with Robert and Tracy taking the positions of backup singers and the finalists NAILED impersonations of each Judge.

Then they voted off Miranda - and she got her speech. Then John Arthur and Buddy came back and each did a song. Then made the announcement of the winner. They had Buddy sing two songs and then he got the other 11 finalists (they had 12 last year total) get back up there with him to finish the second song. Then confetti rained down and they let loose with I'm assuming Nashville Star imprinted beach balls (don't you know those were all over eBay!).

Hopefully I didn't ramble too much! But someone asked me about this the other day and might as well put the info to good use!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112