+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LeAnn Rimes to perform on the finale 05/01

LeAnn Rimes to perform on the finale 05/01

Superstar LeAnn Rimes To Perform On USA Network's Nashville Star Season Finale On May 1

This Season's Nashville Star, Winner Of Sony Music Nashville
    Recording Contract, To Be Named During Finale

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Grammy award winning superstar
    LeAnn Rimes will perform on the season finale of USA Network's Nashville Star,
    airing live from Nashville on Saturday, May 1, at 10:00 PM ET/PT on USA
    Network.
    The finale will also feature performances from the three remaining
    contestants, as well as the eight contestants who were eliminated earlier this
    season. The excitement will build throughout the show until this season's
    winner is named. The new Nashville Star, who will win a recording contract
    with Sony Music Nashville, will then perform his debut single, which will ship
    to country radio on Monday, May 3.
    At 21, LeAnn Rimes has sold more than 30 million albums since her
    breakthrough hit "Blue" (1996) and has been an inspiration for young singers
    ever since. She has won two Grammys and numerous CMA and ACM Awards,
    headlined several international tours and made countless TV appearances. The
    young veteran has had a role in a hit motion picture (Coyote Ugly), authored a
    series of children's books with her husband Dean Sheremet (2003's JAG and
    Jag's New Friend, due out later this year) and met with President Bush last
    month when she was named spokesperson for Children's Miracle Network, which
    raises funds for hospitals for young people. She was recently featured in the
    pages of Redbook, InStyle, People, Country Weekly and other magazines (for
    photos: http://www.dbaronmedia.com).
    Rimes' most recent release, LeAnn Rimes Greatest Hits (To Be Continued),
    includes 16 of her chart smashes, and two new songs, including the hit track
    "This Love." The release is also available in a special DVD edition which
    includes videos, performance footage, home movies and behind-the-scenes
    footage of her career. Greatest Hits, on Curb Records, has sold well over a
    million copies and is Top 5 throughout Europe.
    Local auditions for Nashville Star were held from October to December in
    25 markets across the country. Of the thousands who auditioned locally, one
    hundred contestants were selected to compete at the regional level, and twenty
    competed in Nashville in the season premiere. Of those twenty, the following
    four remain in the competition: George Canyon, 33, from Nova Scotia, Canada;
    Brad Cotter, 33, from Auburn, AL; Matthew Lindahl, 29, from Snellville, GA;
    and Lance Miller, 33, from Fairfield, IL.

Nashville Star is produced and distributed by Reveille, an independent
    studio based at Universal, founded by Ben Silverman (The Restaurant). The
    show is executive produced by Silverman, George Verschoor (The Real World) and
    his production company, Hoosick Falls Productions. H.T. Owens is the
    co-executive producer. Jon Small (Garth Brooks Live From Central Park, Billy
    Joel Live at Yankee Stadium) is producing with his production company, Picture
    Vision. The show was created by Reveille's Ben Silverman, H.T. Owens, and
    Mark Koops in conjunction with George Verschoor.

For photos of Nashville Star log on to USA Network's digital pressroom at
    https://universaltvpressroom.com. If you are not registered, please click on
    "New User Registration," complete the registration form and you will be
    approved to access our entire library of photos for all USA Network projects.

Reveille LLC, a joint venture between Ben Silverman and Universal
    Television Group, develops, produces and distributes new and non-traditional
    programming formats for television and motion pictures across a variety of
    genres, including comedy, drama, game, and reality. In television, Reveille
    develops projects for broadcast and cable networks, including such current
    network projects as The Restaurant (seasons one and two), Adrenaline X and The
    Office, all for NBC. Cable projects include Nashville Star (seasons one and
    two) and House Wars, both for USA Network; and the upcoming unscripted series
    Blow Out for Bravo. Reveille also distributed the internationally renowned,
    award-winning 9/11 documentary. In addition, Reveille identifies integrated
    marketing opportunities for leading advertisers and develops alternative
    financing paradigms. Reveille is a unit of Universal Television Group, a
    division of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE), the US based film,
    television and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media
    communications company.

USA NETWORK
    USA Network is cable television's leading provider of original series and
    feature movies, sports events, off-net television shows, and blockbuster
    theatrical films. USA Network is available in 81% of all U.S. homes and is
    seen in nearly 86 million U.S. homes. The USA Network Web site is located at
    http://www.usanetwork.com.
    USA Network is a program service of Universal Television Networks, part of
    the Universal Television Group, a division of Vivendi Universal Entertainment
    (VUE) (http://www.universalstudios.com), the U.S.-based film, television and
    recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media and communications
    company.

FORT Regular
    Truthfully, I don't like the whole guest star thing. It takes time away from the contestants. Give the contestants more time to sing.

Quote Originally Posted by djbee
    Truthfully, I don't like the whole guest star thing. It takes time away from the contestants. Give the contestants more time to sing.
    I definitely don't like the guest star thing at all. Last year it was about the contestants. This year it's about "stars" trying to cash in.

I still enjoy the show, but last year I was so addicted I could barely wait for Saturday to get here. This year is definitely not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by djbee
    I think they figure that the guest stars are going to give some great insight, and on occasion a few have, on top of bringing up the ratings. I have to admit to being somewhat irritated the week that Willie was there and the people in front of us had obviously never watched the show but came because Willie was going to be on the show. I say obvious because when Nancy stated that the contestants would all be singing Willie songs the group started jumping up and down and looking in shock to each other. :rolleyes

The week before that they had 300 empty seats at the time of the show starting...yet when we requested tickets all requested tickets had been given out. We had to get ones that people didn't show up for. However "Willie Week" had folks standing two and three deep in the outer aisles of the theater just to get to see him.

Then when they announced at the end of the show that Lynyrd Skynyrd would be there the following week....same little group were jumping with glee! And yes, the place was once again packed.

I think they could use more time with the artists such as Clint visiting the house last year and not necessarily having the entire visit on camera but allowing the contestants to ask questions. Same with Montgomery Gentry, leaving the Jim Beam bottle in the shot alone, on the bus at the Hot Spot at the Wildhorse. I think the 'quality' time, as corny as that sounds, would be more beneficial to the contestants rather than having the "artist" sit in the audience observing their performances and getting to deliver one or two lines of comments.

The Guest Star is their boost to their ratings and to getting more interested in watching and listening to the contestants. I think that is a plus to the show. Willie Nelson is a country music legend. It was wonderful seeing him having so much fun, listening others sing his songs. I didn't really care for the Duet Night, but that is a good part to have to see how they handle singing with a country music singer who has made it in the business already. Who knows maybe one day one of our Nashville Stars will be a guest star for the competition. Did you guys see it the night that Buddy Jewell got his Plaque from Clint Black?? I loved it and what an appropriate place to present it to him for selling millions of records!

I may not have paid enough attention to the commercials through the week, but have they been mentioning the guest stars in the commercials - other than Willie and LS?

Now that it's over, I'm actually ready to go back and rewatch it from the beginning and see what I don't remember!

I think on the USA board, they said that the ratings were up by like 25% but I didn't read the actual post. I was just flipping through trying to find one that I needed to bump to the top!

I taped every show too.. Cant wait to see it all over again. I really enjoyed this show this year. Wished I had found this forum earlier so I could had posted some msgs with you guys! Awesome forum.. Awesome site.. Awesome people posting msgs.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I taped every show too.. Cant wait to see it all over again. I really enjoyed this show this year. Wished I had found this forum earlier so I could had posted some msgs with you guys! Awesome forum.. Awesome site.. Awesome people posting msgs.
    I've already re-watched a number of times I guess I need to get a life? I wasn't quite as addicted to this year's as I was to last year's show...but it was close. Last year it was john Arthur, this year George. I guess I sure know how to pick the #2 guys john Arthur has a CD coming out next week, hopefully George will have one soon as well.

FORT Regular
    Just wait til you hear john Arthur's CD- you'll be glad you went with him last year. Great CD, very original. He wrote everything on there but one song- and thats a great bilingual version of "Amarillo By Morning"

George will get a deal, and he'll have the ability to pick and choose a label that's a good fit and believes in his music. #2 is not all that bad.

FORT Regular
    By the way, what was up with Leann last night? Was she drunk or stoned or something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast