+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Four Remaining

The Four Remaining

I really enjoyed last weeks show. I love Trace Atkins! I am not really a Terry Clark fan though. With that said here are my thoughts on the final 4.

George - WOW!! I loved it!!!! Jambalaya is one of my favorite all time favorites and George did it justice. I wanted him to kick it up a notch and boy did he. The Duet with Trace was also great

Brad - It was good, but not his best, the duet was OK but I did notice a few pitchy notes.

Lance - Also good but again not his best. I think the duet would have been better if you could have heard Lance. Terry Clark has such a strong voice she drown Lance out.

Matt - Still a favorite of mine. Did good again but wish that he would chose songs that will show his great vocal range. Again the duet with Terry Clark was OK.

Pic's for this week: I feel that it is between Lance and Matt. I think that they are both incredible but I think that Matt has a bigger fan base so I think he will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by CorgisRule
    Lance - Also good but again not his best. I think the duet would have been better if you could have heard Lance. Terry Clark has such a strong voice she drown Lance out.
    Lance actually sang with Trace Adkins. I don't think he was drowned out, I thought they sounded really good together. I really hope he stays.

Lance actually sang with Trace Adkins. I don't think he was drowned out, I thought they sounded really good together. I really hope he stays.
    I'm not a Lance fan, but I will say that I was impressed with the duet he did with Trace. He wasn't being drowned out, he slipped right into that harmony part on the chorus.... good for him! I was impressed not only with Lances ability to jump right in on the harmony, but also his willingness to do it (rather than try to also sing lead like the others did). It showed a respect for Trace and I thought that was very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Sorry you are right, and yes I agree he did a great job with Trace. It was Brad that was being drowned out and maybe that was why there were a few sour notes, he was trying to be heard

I think they're each talented in their own way. George's professionalism had me rooting for him at the beginning, but he hasn't shown me much versatility or improvement in performance skills. I wasn't very impressed with Brad at the beginning, but he's won me over. I enjoy Matt, but I don't think I'd buy his CD. Lance's twang gets to me at times (I'm from New England, which has its own problems with accents).

I really want to see Brad and Lance perform their own stuff this week. As much as I'd like to see Matt perform, I think George has a better career future at this point.

Welcome to The FORT Aceon6! Glad you decided to join us.

I think I agree with your NS opinions more than most I've read. George is a pro, but I think he sounded much better earlier on in the competion. Brad didn't begin to impress me until the last two shows. I love Matt and want him to make it big, but I'm not sold on the idea that he would make a good Nashville Star. I love Lance's originals, and even though his voice isn't the strongest I've ever heard I like him anyway. I would like to see 1st go to Lance, 2nd go to Brad, 3rd go to Matt and 4th go to George. It wouldn't surprise me if George won though, he's like Buddy Jewel Part 2.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6
    I think they're each talented in their own way. George's professionalism had me rooting for him at the beginning, but he hasn't shown me much versatility or improvement in performance skills. I wasn't very impressed with Brad at the beginning, but he's won me over. I enjoy Matt, but I don't think I'd buy his CD. Lance's twang gets to me at times (I'm from New England, which has its own problems with accents).

I really want to see Brad and Lance perform their own stuff this week. As much as I'd like to see Matt perform, I think George has a better career future at this point.
    As a fellow New Englander, I hearya...
    George is just way too confident acting, if you ask me, and he doesn't seem to be trying very hard. Lance, on the other hand, seems to be trying too hard and just doesn't have the vocal ability that the others have. Matt deserves his own show, he's so darn entertaining, but much of it is visual, but Roger Miller and Ray Stevens pulled off successful recording contracts, so maybe... . Brad seems to be doing the best to me right now. My prediction (and maybe my hope too...) -

4th - Lance
    3rd - George
    2nd - Matt
    1st - Brad

But I think George just may take it all. The judges are so impressed with him...

FORT Newbie

Brad is down-to-earth

Lance's twang is a little too much for me too. However, I'm convinced that it's legit, unlike many famous country artists who disengenuously overdo it with the "drawl" and twang. Am I the only one who notices that Garth Brooks talks much differently than he sings? Yet, Loretta Lynn sings and talks the same way.

Sorry, to me the accent must be genuine. I'm not a big fan of Lance's voice but I truly believe he sings from the heart. And he seems to be a happy-go-lucky sorta good-ole-boy.

George probably has the best voice - range wise, but there's something about his style that doesn't sell for me. He is visibly nervous when he performs.

Matt is also a good egg, but I doubt he can "reach" all age groups.

Brad (imho) is very talented and unpretentious. He has fun and seems to let his natural talent guide him. I think he'll win it all. It'll be a toss-up between George and Lance for 2nd/3rd place, and then Matt.
    Character is doing the right thing when no one is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    It wouldn't surprise me if George won though, he's like Buddy Jewel Part 2.
    Nah, Buddy had way more stage presence than George.

I just get the feeling that George is a bit of an introvert, not totally comfortable? Maybe I'm wrong, that's just how he seems. But I just love his voice anyway, and I'd buy the CD.

FORT Newbie
    Ah, yes, the final four. I am pulling for Lance. Here would be my ranking:

1st: Lance
    2nd: Brad
    3rd: George
    4th: Matt

Here is the way I think it will come down though:

1st: Brad
    2nd: George
    3rd: Lance
    4th: Matt

As for last week's duet show...I thought Trace was a little arrogant-acting. I think he has a pretty good voice, but for the most part, I don't like his songs. They are trying to make him into a sex machine or something....he does nothing for me.

GO LANCE...LONG LIVE THE TWANGERS....(the true ones anyway)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast