+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Four Remaining

saabstress, glad you decided to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Nah, Buddy had way more stage presence than George.
    Yeah, you're probably right about that. I guess I was basing my comment more on how I feel about the two of them as singers. I was never into Buddy. His voice could be impressive on occasion, and he was very sweet, but I didn't like his original songs at all, and his choices for cover songs didn't really do much for me either. Everyone seemed to love him though, right from the start, (oh, except for Charlie). I just never understood the appeal. That's basically how I feel about George too. I think he seems like a very nice man, and I wish him all the success he can muster. I can tell he is quite popular, I just doubt I'll be one of the people buying his albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    saabstress, glad you decided to join us.

Yeah, you're probably right about that. I guess I was basing my comment more on how I feel about the two of them as singers. I was never into Buddy. His voice could be impressive on occasion, and he was very sweet, but I didn't like his original songs at all, and his choices for cover songs didn't really do much for me either. Everyone seemed to love him though, right from the start, (oh, except for Charlie). I just never understood the appeal. That's basically how I feel about George too. I think he seems like a very nice man, and I wish him all the success he can muster. I can tell he is quite popular, I just doubt I'll be one of the people buying his albums.
    I liked Buddy last year, and by the end of the show I was glad he won, but it took me awhile to get "into" him. I do like his voice, and I liked his original songs. And I did buy the CD.

George's voice I've loved from the first show when he did "Ring of Fire." I haven't been disappointed in any of his performances, but he is kind of non memorable on stage. I notice he is loosening up a bit and showing some personality, which is good. I fear he's being overshadowed by Brad, who is definitely more of a showman. I do like Brad, but I don't think I will buy the CD if he does win. I would buy George's, and probably Lance's.

FORT Regular
    I know what you mean Misty- George just doesn't pull you in with his singing. Great voice though. Brad pulls you in, but he doesn't strike me as authentic country. Lance is very uncomfortable on stage.

FORT Regular
    I'm still not into this whole group, like I was with NS last year.

Quote Originally Posted by CorgisRule
    It was Brad that was being drowned out and maybe that was why there were a few sour notes, he was trying to be heard
    i agree... it was very hard to hear brad, buti think his solo performance that night was great!
    I am what I am, God has made me...What do I see when I look in the mirror?? I see me.......Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    Matt deserves his own show, he's so darn entertaining, but much of it is visual . Brad seems to be doing the best to me right now. My prediction (and maybe my hope too...) -

4th - Lance
    3rd - George
    2nd - Matt
    1st - Brad
    once again i agree ... matt is very entertaining but i cant see him as being the winner because, well i dont know how to word it but he should have his own variety show or something like that.... he has fun performing in front of an audience and maybe thats whats best for him...if he were to be a little more serious, then i can see him doing great on an album, but to me what he has shown so far is mostly his sillyness(which i do like) but i think the others are better suited to be recording stars... did that come across ok? i do like matt, alot...

george, i dont know... sometimes i like him, sometimes i dont..

lance, he does have that twang, but he also does have a great voice!

brad.. had always been my fav!

my picks..
    1-brad
    2-matt
    3-lance
    4-george
    I am what I am, God has made me...What do I see when I look in the mirror?? I see me.......Clay

Quote Originally Posted by jelizak

my picks..
    1-brad
    2-matt
    3-lance
    4-george

My personal choice would be:

1. George
    2. Lance
    3. Brad
    4. Matt

or maybe

1. Lance
    2. George
    3. Brad
    4. Matt

However, I fully expect Brad to win.

FORT Fogey
    I am still pulling for George, but I have to say, Brad has really impressed me lately. So I would be ok with either of the two winning. I think Lance would do well with a cd of more traditional style country music. I like Matt, too, but more as a performer. I would watch him on tv, but not necessarily buy his cd. So, I say:

1. George
    2. Brad
    3. Lance
    4. Matt

I think it's really neat that so many of us have our favorites, but can also recognize the talents of the others. I certainly won't be pissed if ANY of the remaining competitors win. I think the show has been good exposure for all of them and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we hear from all of them again somewhere down the line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12